Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenbrae, CA (LIVE 16 Dec 2020, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More Tesla love coming to Marin County! This will be a nice addition to central Marin and should alleviate the crowding at the Corte Madera supercharger.

Email from Larkspur planning department below. (Please note that Greenbrae is a subset of Larkspur)

"
Yes, a permit was issued to TESLA late December 2019 for a vehicle charging station at Bon Air.

Thank you.

NATHALIE BAMATTER|PERMIT TECHNICIAN

City of Larkspur | 400 Magnolia Ave | Larkspur, CA 94939"

Reactions: mociaf9 and Owner
More Tesla love coming to Marin County! This will be a nice addition to central Marin and should alleviate the crowding at the Corte Madera supercharger.

Email from Larkspur planning department below. (Please note that Greenbrae is a subset of Larkspur)

"
Yes, a permit was issued to TESLA late December 2019 for a vehicle charging station at Bon Air.

Thank you.

NATHALIE BAMATTER|PERMIT TECHNICIAN

City of Larkspur | 400 Magnolia Ave | Larkspur, CA 94939"
Very nice

Reactions: goldengate
The Bon Aire Shopping Center is located on Sir Francis Drake Blvd close to the intersection of 101. I've sent an email to the planner asking for location of the SC's within the center, but I assume they will be on the side or in the back.
Screenshot_2020-02-04 Google Maps.png

Construction has largely wrapped on this project. Hurricane fencing is still up and around the chargers but they look like they're ready to go!

There are 14 total stalls. One group of 8 and another group of 6, with one stall marked as "van accessible". Signage shows a 30 minute charging limit. Be prepared to go over an incredibly tall and annoying speed bump to get to the second group of 8 stalls.

No ETA from management as to when they'll open, other than "spring."

PS - My wife owns Victoria Bakery in the Bon Air shopping center. Stop by and say hello!

Attachments

• IMG_3811.JPG
    IMG_3811.JPG
    678.9 KB · Views: 130
Impressed to drive by at 9 am on Memorial Day to see them working with a big crew...looks like maybe transformer installation? Huge cabling being run. Guys were on top of some big green piece of equipment (transformer?) behind the green screen. Sorry photos are crappy - I don't want people taking photos of me while I'm working so I tried to be respectful of the workers and not get out of the car and start interviewing them...though it was tempting.... Bottom line is I think we will see this one opening soon!
IMG_5060.jpg
IMG_5061.jpg

Ha ha of course! I've been reading these forums for 2 years now and I can't ever remember an installer saying anything specific about the timeline. In this case, PG&E permitting, it does appear to be soon. Could you tell what they were doing? Their faces said "Oh, there's another guy in a Tesla slowing down watching us" when I went by.... haha

Ha ha of course! I've been reading these forums for 2 years now and I can't ever remember an installer saying anything specific about the timeline. In this case, PG&E permitting, it does appear to be soon. Could you tell what they were doing? Their faces said "Oh, there's another guy in a Tesla slowing down watching us" when I went by.... haha

"Two weeks" standard contractor reply.

• Funny
Sorry Goldengate. I am pretty clueless about this electrical stuff. all i remember is that one of the other guys was on top of something about 6 feet tall working on stuff. I think there were 4 workers in total. I didnt want to bug the guy i talked to about what exactly they were doing. maybe next time i will!

I stopped by around 930 AM today, May 27. Things look pretty much the same. Altho the fencing is slightly revised. I took a bunch of pix but only a couple got saved cause my icloud was full! So, below is the best one. Shows four guys on top of that structure with a bunch of white rectangles sticking up from it.

Attachments

• BonAir20200527.jpg
    BonAir20200527.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 72