Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenbrae, CA (LIVE 16 Dec 2020, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mini rant: PG&E seems to have zero accountability in this state. Do we seem the same kinds of utility hold ups in other parts of the state? Greenbrae is really needed here in Central Marin as Corte Madera is often full and is a very congested location.
There’s a few areas in CA with public utilities such as LADWP, SMUD, MID, TID, IID, etc.. With public utilities it would work like any other municipal or government entity: as a ratepayer you have the right to get information and they have an obligation to get you that information in a reasonable amount of time. If this was a public utility in Greenbrae (and it’s not) I think any ratepayer could call and they would eventually get you to the right department and get you the status or information you needed in a reasonable time.

Based on my own dealings with PG&E I don’t think obtaining information is a straightforward process. I don’t think you can just call customer service and expect to be eventually shuffled to the right department. I think they’re too big for their own good and getting information is intentionally very difficult if not impossible for a scenario like this.

I have the Tesla solar roof and am aware of the painful process and loooong wait times from PG&E.. but Tesla team did follow up regularly to make sure my roof started generating solar with approvals from county. Hope this is the same process and we get the supercharging at bon air soon

Reactions: attathomeguy
Here's the latest:

6/12/2020: Town finaled permit and gave approval to PG&E to energize the location
11/4/20 PGE reinstated and extended the encroachment permit 20181101 to provide the actual electricity to the site

Not sure what the second item means in terms of when this could be energized, but perhaps this means it's close. I wonder what PG&E did in the 5 months from permit final to 11/4....

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Here's the latest:

6/12/2020: Town finaled permit and gave approval to PG&E to energize the location
11/4/20 PGE reinstated and extended the encroachment permit 20181101 to provide the actual electricity to the site

Not sure what the second item means in terms of when this could be energized, but perhaps this means it's close. I wonder what PG&E did in the 5 months from permit final to 11/4....
Shut off power and had flex alert, probably spending all their time fixing the lines and poles!

HI folks - I havent been paying attention to this topic for a few months but this morning (Friday Dec 4 about 11am) I stopped by these superchargers. There are new temporary constr
signsDec2020_construction.jpg
pkg_sign.jpg
uction signs saying no parking Dec 7 - Dec 11. These are just in the two westmost stalls. I take that as a good omen. Perhaps the final work to make these operational will be done next week! See photo. I also took a closer look at the 'parking signs' at every stall. They make it clear that spaces are only for Tesla Charging. see photo. Of course, two spaces were iCE'd this morning!

• Informative
Reactions: goldengate and bmah
I also took a closer look at the 'parking signs' at every stall. They make it clear that spaces are only for Tesla Charging. see photo. Of course, two spaces were iCE'd this morning!

It's interesting that these signs have black text and lettering (or is that a very dark grey) instead of the usual red we see at other Supercharger sites.

Bruce.

It's interesting that these signs have black text and lettering (or is that a very dark grey) instead of the usual red we see at other Supercharger sites.

Bruce.

My guess is that the site host objected to the red signs as too garish, and asked for the modification to something subtler. I seem to recall one or two other sites where the signs were modified (presumably also at the host's request) to omit the Tesla logo.