Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, from Tesla navigation and ABetterRoutePlanner(ABRP), I am routed to avoid Greenville AL. The route is from Owensboro KY to Navarre FL. Tesla has me going though Mississippi. ABRP has me going from Birmingham to Defuniac Springs at 45 MPH (M3SR+). Plug share says 2 of 6 chargers work. Reading previous posts, this is not a new situation. Have they been down since the middle of April, or do they keep breaking?

Today, from Tesla navigation and ABetterRoutePlanner(ABRP), I am routed to avoid Greenville AL. The route is from Owensboro KY to Navarre FL. Tesla has me going though Mississippi. ABRP has me going from Birmingham to Defuniac Springs at 45 MPH (M3SR+). Plug share says 2 of 6 chargers work. Reading previous posts, this is not a new situation. Have they been down since the middle of April, or do they keep breaking?

Since mid-April, it's been more down than up. Most reports indicated only 1A and 1B working. It's been like this since about mid-April with some long lines reported from the Alabama Tesla club. I think if you can plan to stop here in off-hours, you might be ok. If you have a CHADEMO, there are Electrify America chargers in the area. Too bad Tesla has not released the CCS adapter in the US yet.

Reactions: ZenRider
Looks like it's still just 2. If you have the Chademo adapter, there's an EA station at that same exit.

It's pretty intermittent. When I was through in late April, it was a mixed bag. Going down, 3/6 were down. Coming back north a week later, all six were back online.

Has anyone had a problem charging at this site? My husband and I were traveling from PCB to KY and always stop in Greenville AL as there are so few chargers in AL. The first charger we used seemed to “ lock us out” put a charge on our screen and said charging stopped. We checked our Tesla account and there were no problems with that. We then tried the other chargers, including ones that were just used by others, and nothing! We had only 117 miles left and no chargers close enough to save us. This was on a Sunday, we contacted Tesla by the app and they said nothing was wrong with our Model Y. They couldn’t help us though because it was Sunday, ended our text session and said try Monday. 2 people in their seventies stranded. We had our destination charger with us so we went to a nearby campground to plug in, took a few hours to get enough miles to return to Defuniak Springs super charger and went home. Will not go back to Greenville Al. This is a bad situation in that state. There is a great need for a charger in Montgomery.

We had our destination charger with us....
You might want to know that the correct terminology is "mobile connector", which comes with the car. "Destination charging" is provided via the (usually) silver boxes, known as "wall connectors" at many hotels and other sites.

Neither the mobile connector, nor the wall connector are really chargers, so to speak. The A/C charger is actually built into your car, under the rear seat. The "connector" is a really kind of smart cable that routes the A/C connection to this built-in charger.

I charged at Greenville on June 12th and June 13th. On Saturday June 12th no problems and no wait in the early morning and it appeared all chargers were working. On Sunday June 13th, traffic was very heavy on I-85 and two of the six chargers were not working including one I used on Saturday. I had to wait behind 2 cars and when I left 6 cars were in line. Charging was "limited" to 80% due to busy station. The Tesla app said one charger out and chargers were busy.

I charged at Greenville on June 12th and June 13th. On Saturday June 12th no problems and no wait in the early morning and it appeared all chargers were working. On Sunday June 13th, traffic was very heavy on I-85 and two of the six chargers were not working including one I used on Saturday. I had to wait behind 2 cars and when I left 6 cars were in line. Charging was "limited" to 80% due to busy station. The Tesla app said one charger out and chargers were busy.
Thanks for the update. It baffles me why these are so finicky and even though they seem to get repaired, it's not a permanent fix. I'm pulling for Montgomery!