Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Thank you for your email. We are working hard on those sites but it is unlikely they will be ready before Thanksgiving. We know that many Model S owners are excited to take their car with them as they visit family this holiday season and we are doing our best to open as many sites as possible around the end of this year."

My last inquiry with Tesla a few days ago. The lack of Chademo adapter and Greenville/Charlotte SCs is really upsetting. Meanwhile I keep seeing SC density increase in Cali and the Northeast

Thanks for checking.

"Thank you for your email. We are working hard on those sites but it is unlikely they will be ready before Thanksgiving. We know that many Model S owners are excited to take their car with them as they visit family this holiday season and we are doing our best to open as many sites as possible around the end of this year."

My last inquiry with Tesla a few days ago. The lack of Chademo adapter and Greenville/Charlotte SCs is really upsetting. Meanwhile I keep seeing SC density increase in Cali and the Northeast

Thanks for the update. I'm bummed about how long this one is taking, but so far this company really has done everything it said it was going to do (and more in some instances) so it will happen eventually.

Wonder if this site will be online before the ACC Championship game Dec 5th? My guess is negative. :crying:

Granted it is a bit colder now, so speeds might be a bit slower. But I have made the Atlanta to Charlotte trip on a single charge (finishing in low single digits range to be sure) a couple of times. And not driving all that slowly (65-75 instead of my normal 85). And all the public garages in Greenville and Spartanburg have J1772s to buffer your battery, while you grab a bite, if you need it. I live in Smyrna, if you are in Gwinnett, or North Fulton or Dekalb it should be easy to make it to downtown Charlotte on a singe charge.

I wish I was going (as of last night) but I wont' be in town. And I will agree with Buddyroe. It isn't going to go well for FSU up there. :tongue:

Replaying a report by an Atlanta-area Tesla enthusiast. Today he stopped by the Atlantic Station (Atlanta) supercharging site that I had spotted under construction yesterday. He talked to the construction crew. "Tesla has in fact located and secured another site in Greenville. They are still in the process of permitting and setting up the bids for the contract. They're hoping to start construction on this location in February 2015."

Granted it is a bit colder now, so speeds might be a bit slower. But I have made the Atlanta to Charlotte trip on a single charge (finishing in low single digits range to be sure) a couple of times. And not driving all that slowly (65-75 instead of my normal 85). And all the public garages in Greenville and Spartanburg have J1772s to buffer your battery, while you grab a bite, if you need it. I live in Smyrna, if you are in Gwinnett, or North Fulton or Dekalb it should be easy to make it to downtown Charlotte on a singe charge.

I wish I was going (as of last night) but I wont' be in town. And I will agree with Buddyroe. It isn't going to go well for FSU up there. :tongue:

I'm in Stockbridge so it's a little bit more of a stretch. Esp on 21's with the cold. Thinking about stopping at the tanger outlet on 85N and doing some shopping since they have level 2 charging. I could also hit the superchargers in Decatur, but I'm worried that would be too far without a 2nd stop so why not just do tanger

I'm in Stockbridge so it's a little bit more of a stretch. Esp on 21's with the cold. Thinking about stopping at the tanger outlet on 85N and doing some shopping since they have level 2 charging. I could also hit the superchargers in Decatur, but I'm worried that would be too far without a 2nd stop so why not just do tanger

Yeah getting to Charlotte from the Atlanta area, the Superchargers in Decatur aren't going to help. The Tanger outlets should be a good place to stop, if you top up it should be a cake walk to Charlotte.

On the way back those Superchargers in Decatur are going to be really nice.

Yeah getting to Charlotte from the Atlanta area, the Superchargers in Decatur aren't going to help. The Tanger outlets should be a good place to stop, if you top up it should be a cake walk to Charlotte.

On the way back those Superchargers in Decatur are going to be really nice.

My trip is huntersville, NC to Stockbridge, GA. The Decatur supercharger is too close on the way up and too far on the way down. At least according to evtripplanner. I'm using 65 cabin temp, 35 external temp, .9 speed, and 85 battery w/ 21" wheels. The best option I see is ivy acres RV park outside of Greenville or tanger outlets. One has less charge time the other has shopping to make the charging time less painful. I've charged at Ivy acres before on the way to Asheville. Nice folks. Just painful to think about 2.5 or more hrs on a 14-50... Even though my cousin who is thinking of buying a Tesla really wants me to drive it up, I'm thinking my dads LS430 will be more comfortable for the 3 of us. With a Greenville spc it's a different story

Last edited:
image.jpg