Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.1.jpg

Could this be a FIRST at 8:28 AM Tuesday, November 10, 2015.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I have been awarding "Bronze Spikes" for the many recent, gap-filling Supercharger completions, but given the 19 months that it has taken to finish Greenville and the importance of finishing the I-85 route to and from Atlanta, I think Greenville, SC deserves a "Silver Spike!"

Congratulations!!!

For those of you not on the Atlanta or Carolinas tesla Facebook groups, we are planning a Saturday (11/14) get together at the Greenville, SC supercharger (yay!).

There will be caravans coming from Atlanta and Charlotte, congregating around noon. We expect to go to a local BBQ establishment for lunch soon after. Please join us!!!

You guys are competing against the Charlotte Thunder Road Marathon (the main marathon of the year)... unfortunate for those who have family and friends (or a cause) to support!

Amen on the I-81 corridor.

So 1 year 7 months after the first post, this SC is about to start flowing electrons. Cannot wait to use it and decrease my drive time to Atlanta. Asheville construction is under way so send the construction team to Virginia to work on I-81!

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of pictures have been posted. :)

What is it about this thread that nobody posts pictures?

Shucks. Traveled from Asheville to Atlanta last night - passing through Greenville around 9PM. I could have been the first to try it out!

Regardless, I can report that Asheville to Atlanta (the one in downtown Atlanta) is possible on a full battery (85) with no stops. The roads were wet and the outside temperature was around 55F. Traveled about 5mph below the speed limit until I was sure I could make it (+5mph from the GA line to the SC).

I have been awarding "Bronze Spikes" for the many recent, gap-filling Supercharger completions, but given the 19 months that it has taken to finish Greenville and the importance of finishing the I-85 route to and from Atlanta, I think Greenville, SC deserves a "Silver Spike!"

Congratulations!!!

Do you have an official list of spikes - maybe a Spike Blog?

As I recall,

Columbia, MO - Gold Spike

Greenville, SC - Silver Spike

Tallahassee, FL - Bronze Spike
Knoxville, TN - Bronze Spike?
Erie, PA - future Bronze Spike?

Do you have an official list of spikes - maybe a Spike Blog?

As I recall,

Columbia, MO - Gold Spike

Greenville, SC - Silver Spike

Tallahassee, FL - Bronze Spike
Knoxville, TN - Bronze Spike?
Erie, PA - future Bronze Spike?

Maybe I should start a Spike Thread.

Some would argue that Erie, PA deserves a Gold Spike when it completes I-90 as the first coast-to-coast on a single numbered interstate. Columbia, MO certainly completed the first reasonable coast-to-coast route, and I forgot which Supercharger Site completed the Elon coast-to-coast route in early 2014. We've come a long way...

Recent Bronze Spikes include:
  • Amarillo, TX
  • Denton, TX
  • Burlington, VT
  • Twin Falls, ID
  • Price, UT
On deck for a Bronze Spike are:
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Kingsland, GA
  • Plantation, FL
Still in the dugout, and waiting for some signs of action are hoped for sites near:
  • Baytown, TX
  • Slidell, LA

I am thankful that this SC is finally open. I find it odd how few (according to Teslarati) SC's are currently under permit or construction in the eastern US. Just three under construction currently?? They have a lot of gaps to fill to be going about it so slowly.

This is a pretty weird location, a good country block away from the food and retail. That wasn't a big deal yesterday, but it was chilly last Monday! Not very pedestrian friendly when you get up to the shopping area, either. We met some people there on Monday whose car quit while charging, had to get it towed. The tow driver seemed to have no idea what to do, which doesn't instill confidence in roadside assistance.

This is a pretty weird location, a good country block away from the food and retail. That wasn't a big deal yesterday, but it was chilly last Monday! Not very pedestrian friendly when you get up to the shopping area, either. We met some people there on Monday whose car quit while charging, had to get it towed. The tow driver seemed to have no idea what to do, which doesn't instill confidence in roadside assistance.

Tesla's helpline is invaluable for roadside assistance. I had need of towing last month (they thought) because of an urgent tire warning and they walked me through the whole process because they at Tesla had spoken to the tow company and had determined that company had not towed a Tesla before. They prepped me on how to enable tow mode, etc. when the truck came. Luckily, I only required air in the slow leaking tire and the tow truck was equipped with that. So I have not been towed, but felt that Tesla Roadside people could have gotten me and the car through it fine.

The key to this location is if you are there around meal time, then pick something to eat before going to the supercharger. The attached Hilton has a very comfortable lobby and when I was there today, the staff was very accommodating. If that doesn't work for you, just go inside and take a nap!