Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was over a month late for the opening party, but I finally made it to the new Greenville SC SpC on Dec 19th. The Hilton Garden Inn is a lovely, friendly and helpful place in an apparently safe neighborhood that includes office, industrial and seemingly abandoned buildings. As vkrishan notes, the Hilton has a restaurant and bar, as well as free coffee and other drinks in the lobby. I can see where this place would hold a powerful attraction for people who are interested in _not_ shopping.

It was too cold and windy Saturday to try to walk back to the originally intended Greenville SpC site. And I was in a hurry to get to the unofficial Inauguration of the Asheville SpC so I missed seeing the Chipotle adjacent to the first site, where, on April 26, 2014, Shumdit wrote the immortal line: "I went by Yesterday for a Barbacoa Burrito and a Patron Margarita," immediately seconded by airj1012. Before this thread fades into history, I think we need to appreciate the number of Barbacao/Patron sacrifices Shumdit made before he achieved the Shumdit Trifecta, a Barbacoa/Patron/Supercharge. I have achieved this once, although at my age I can only do it at the end of the day. That was in Silverthorne CO, where the air is so thin I might have imagined the whole thing.

scoots

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby
Recharged here on 8/14/2016. Connected to charger 3B which disconnected twice in first 2 minutes of charging each time. Switched to charger 1B and recharged without incident. Only one using any of the SCs.

Thanks for reporting here.
Hope you took the time to call Tesla Technical Services and report the malfunctioning unit (there is a telephone number posted on each Supercharger).
Sometimes this is the only way they know there is a problem with a Supercharger and then dispatch a service crew to make needed repairs.

• Informative
Reactions: jelloslug
used this one yesterday it works fine went to leave and someone with a model S was charging when i left.
the hilton allows you to sit in the lobby without any problems the bar is only open for breakfast and after 5pm
side note : the side door your facing when you park is open without a key during daylight hours so you dont have to walk around. ( the girl at the front desk wanted me to post that)

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Resurrecting this thread, but looking for advice on experience at this supercharger. I am heading out this way next week from Charlotte and I convinced my wife we should take the Tesla for it. This will be her first experience with a SC so I am trying to keep the experience as pleasant as possible.

My plan is to drive to Greenville late afternoon and stop at this SC while we eat dinner before continuing on to a concert. However, the only food option seems to be the hotel. I could drop her off somewhere and then plug in the car and walk to the restaurant, but that seems like a huge hassle that won't really sell that SC is super viable for travel. I am not even sure if I can walk to something like the Red Robin from the SC. Picking up food and eating in the car will also not be something she would be excited about.

What would you all recommend? Is the hotel bar basically the only good option?

unless you have a 60 you can drive from Charlotte to Columbia no problem. there's a supercharger in Columbia and from there to greenville no problem and change in greenville however they are both located at hotels

If you have a CHAdeMO adapter there is free charging in a city lot donwntown where there are many nice restaurants within a block or so. That is what I do, and CHAdeMO is fast enough that it finishes a charge while you dine.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Resurrecting this thread, but looking for advice on experience at this supercharger. I am heading out this way next week from Charlotte and I convinced my wife we should take the Tesla for it. This will be her first experience with a SC so I am trying to keep the experience as pleasant as possible.

My plan is to drive to Greenville late afternoon and stop at this SC while we eat dinner before continuing on to a concert. However, the only food option seems to be the hotel. I could drop her off somewhere and then plug in the car and walk to the restaurant, but that seems like a huge hassle that won't really sell that SC is super viable for travel. I am not even sure if I can walk to something like the Red Robin from the SC. Picking up food and eating in the car will also not be something she would be excited about.

I have walked to the Chipotle from there and the few options in that strip mall. Beyond that, I wouldn't walk especially given all the traffic in the area. I have done Zoe's and eaten in the hotel and I've hit other Red Robin once and then eaten in the hotel as well. It's a less than ideal setup, but doable IN GOOD WEATHER. I personally wouldn't be comfortable walking to even the strip at night and definitely not if it is raining or anything.

I will say that the hotel's cookies are amazing, but they are only available an hour after the hotel restaurant closes.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby and democappy

I think I would stay at the hotel and eat there. I like it better than the options. Walking around there isn't great, particularly if it is dark or getting dark. It's not a great location from a walkability standpoint. They are nice at the hotel. I do try to support those that support us with Superchargers, too, even if it's just buying a Diet Coke or something.

If you have a CHAdeMO adapter there is free charging in a city lot downtown where there are many nice restaurants within a block or so. That is what I do, and CHAdeMO is fast enough that it finishes a charge while you dine.

Thanks for mentioning the option. No CHAdeMO adapter for me so it won't work this time. I don't do long distance drives anywhere near frequently enough to have it be worthwhile. Probably only a handful of times a year I leave Charlotte that isn't by airplane.

Thanks for mentioning the option. No CHAdeMO adapter for me so it won't work this time. I don't do long distance drives anywhere near frequently enough to have it be worthwhile. Probably only a handful of times a year I leave Charlotte that isn't by airplane.
You can ask your local sales gallery if you can demo their chademo adapter if they have one....

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
I figured I would report back with my experience from last night. The location was easy to get to and find. The hotel was nice and the food was good. I expected it to be a little overpriced because it is in a hotel, but the portions are huge so it isn't bad. The first SC experience for my wife was very pleasant. Right off the interstate, plenty of open charging spots, walk right in, get some dinner, nice clean restrooms, and the car is ready to go before dinner is done. Now if I can get AP to stop acting weird every once in awhile I think I could sell her on taking longer trips with the Tesla. Might have just been my imagination, but it seemed like AP performed worse driving through South Carolina than it does around Charlotte. For long chunks I just started using the TACC because it was annoying to keep correcting the auto-steering. Maybe because of less Tesla miles on those roads?

Thanks for all the recommendations of staying at the hotel. I am definitely glad we didn't attempt to walk anywhere else during charging. Going anywhere besides the hotel seems like way more hassle than it is worth and definitely would have soured my wife on the experience.

Reactions: GaryW