TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by airj1012, Apr 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. omar10r1

omar10r1 Member

Me too! I live here so I hope it’s just an error and it didn’t go away unannounced.

2. treymc7

treymc7 Member

Just drove by there not more than 15 minutes ago and there was a Model S and a Model 3 both charging with no issues.

3. omar10r1

omar10r1 Member

4D43C306-ABEE-4DFA-BBF2-1F86E3A4C082.jpeg Good! headed that way tomorrow and was going to verify then. It’s even gone from Tesla’s list of locations...a quick google search shows that maybe they mixed it up with an upcoming Greenville, CA charger.

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I emailed them last night about the mix up and they confirmed that it's still in their database. I informed them that they need to put it back on the map.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Member

Back on the map at Tesla.com. But it is missing from EV Trip Planner!

• Like x 1
  6. 1speed

1speed Member

Is this SC confirmed (in person) to be operational again?

7. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It was not offline, just missing from the Tesla.com supercharger map.

8. 1speed

1speed Member

Gotcha. I thought its disappearance might be a result of being struck by lightning which was reported in April.

9. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

For the record, a Tesla owner reported in the Atlanta Facebook group:

"They just replaced all the charging cables [here] last week. They were getting too hot according to the tech."

• Like x 1
  10. IonEV

IonEV Member

Recharged twice on Saturday, 11/10/18. Very congested traffic between the interstate and the charger both times. Not nearly enough chargers here but traffic is so heavy that adding another location at a different interchange would be better than expanding this site.

I got the last charging spot in early afternoon and the Tesla on one side was 6 inches over the line into my space. The self parking feature got me into that tight space but I had to pull forward to get out of the car and use Summon to back it back in to connect to the charger. That was an extremely tight fit.
    There were two, full-width spots on our way back home after hiking in the mountains. There was heavy night time traffic between the interstate and the charger. The charger is close to the interstate but heavy traffic adds to the travel time. A less congested location would be better. We enjoyed a burger and spaghetti in the Hilton but this kind of location and experience is what keeps my dad from buying a Tesla.

• Informative x 2
  11. Mysta

Mysta Supporting Member

Do any of you use the chargers downtown? What sort of adapters are required?