Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other installations, the installers were able to complete all other construction while they waited for the transformer to be installed. Why did these guys stop dead cold?

It could be our inspection process won't allow them to do anything else until the transformer is in place and signed off on by the county. Sadly I could use use it if it were up and running as I am making a 260+ mile drive home and then need to go on a 185 mile round trip later the same day.

As important as SC are to Tesla marketing and product acceptance, it is peculiar that they don't offer a reliable customer service telephone center with real information on individual SC timelines. They're not having a cash crunch, are they?

Negotiation, planning approval, easements, utility approval and Supercharger upgrades. There are potential roadblocks out there. Some go smoothly, some go slowly. Since relative placement is important, they can't just do random installation. It is simply too unpredictable to give people firm dates.

My guess is this is a Duke Power/Local Gov issue and not Tesla. They are probably in a holding pattern and just as frustrated. Tesla have their hardware there, so they just need someone who can crack heads.

P.S. Lived in Greenville 'till 30, family still there. Usually a fairly progressive place, but I can see red tape happening too.

Well...we've decided to cancel our road trip that would have taken us through Greenville - not entirely because of the lack of progress on the 3 Superchargers along our route that would have made it possible for a 100% Supercharger trip (South Hill, VA; Charlotte, NC; and Greenville, SC), but it did play a role.

:frown: