Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give it up, already. It'll be done when it's done.

Thats exactly how I feel about this location. There is no point in worrying about it or checking in on it. When they finally decide to resume construction it should be done very quickly 2-3 weeks. There is no point in losing sleep over it or checking in on the progress. Not to be disappointed so frequently.

You do have an approximate date (2014), and there still is lots of speculation. If someone suddenly said "October 2014", what possible credence could you give to that date unless they also explained why they are giving you that date?

Give it up, already. It'll be done when it's done. As a Canadian Model S owner, you're not getting a lot of sympathy from me. Chill, dude.

(Check out how many years it's been, and the first Supercharger in Canada JUST opened. The "Windsor to Quebec" corridor has 13 million people, and there are exactly ZERO Superchargers installed.)

Keeping abreast of the situation is exactly what these forums are for. I think we are already "chill". We are just interested in seeing it completed to help make travel a bit easier. Nothing wrong with asking for updates and wanting them.

Keeping abreast of the situation is exactly what these forums are for. I think we are already "chill". We are just interested in seeing it completed to help make travel a bit easier. Nothing wrong with asking for updates and wanting them.

I think this forum, and others regarding Superchargers planned or under construction, are fantastic. I have no complaint regarding people finding out what they can and sharing it (if legal and ethical to do so).

My comment was directed at only one person, who is upset that Tesla is not providing more details and not setting a date which is specific enough for their liking. It should be clear to all that Tesla is simply not going to do that. They will listen to suggestions, they will give vague time estimates (which are sometimes wildly inaccurate), but otherwise: they'll do what they think is best, given the constraints they have, and that's that. Once the Supercharger is open, then there is an implied commitment to provide service there, but until it is officially open, it in essence does not exist. Getting frustrated and upset about the situation won't change anything.

I think this forum, and others regarding Superchargers planned or under construction, are fantastic. I have no complaint regarding people finding out what they can and sharing it (if legal and ethical to do so).

My comment was directed at only one person, who is upset that Tesla is not providing more details and not setting a date which is specific enough for their liking. It should be clear to all that Tesla is simply not going to do that. They will listen to suggestions, they will give vague time estimates (which are sometimes wildly inaccurate), but otherwise: they'll do what they think is best, given the constraints they have, and that's that. Once the Supercharger is open, then there is an implied commitment to provide service there, but until it is officially open, it in essence does not exist. Getting frustrated and upset about the situation won't change anything.

Definitely agree with not getting upset. No reason to. But I'm not going to stop asking the questions and trying to get whatever updates are available. It happens to be a corridor I want to use a lot, so I'm definitely wanting a station between Atlanta and Burlington. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Three pages of comments in 10 days, I thought something was finally happening here! Nope, just handwringing.

Not everyone is handwringing. But unfortunately, no movement.

Thanks for your answer I am not seeking your sympathy, nor I am upset, I just made an observation about due dates. Your example from Canada is different, what if you had superchargers coming in 2014 in the Windsor-Quebec corridor and people where there sending pictures with the equipment ready to be connected for moths in their crates ? Wouldn't you be interested to know more?

i agree with the comment! that if somebody does not want to be informed about the opening of Greenville or any supercharger, and just wait until they open, then just don't participate in this thread, this thread IS ONLY about the opening of Greenville supercharger. If is not about the opening and advances, what else is this thread about?
I am interested about this thread and joined this thread because this Greenville supercharger shortens my trip with about 200 miles. What is wrong with wanting to know anything relevant to this?

All I asked is why Tesla can not post any information rather than the mystery and speculation,why not Tesla could post for example: work will resume in 10 weeks, or work will resume in 4 months, or there are permit problems and could take months, or this site has been cancelled and the equipment removed, or the contractor was fired and no date for opening. I think is fair to ask when the website says opening soon in 2014 and we are in august and the work seems stopped. There has to be somebody who does know, again why the mystery? this is not the release of the IPhone 6, no need for secrecy.

Again I am not upset and I am happy that this thread exist, I am thankful to the people that are contributing with pictures and comments to understand better when will it be available, I just hoped Tesla would help too.

I am not upset, I am very happy enjoying having trips with this wonderfull car.

Thanks again to those providing information and helpful hints.

You do have an approximate date (2014), and there still is lots of speculation. If someone suddenly said "October 2014", what possible credence could you give to that date unless they also explained why they are giving you that date?

Give it up, already. It'll be done when it's done. As a Canadian Model S owner, you're not getting a lot of sympathy from me. Chill, dude.

(Check out how many years it's been, and the first Supercharger in Canada JUST opened. The "Windsor to Quebec" corridor has 13 million people, and there are exactly ZERO Superchargers installed.)

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer I am not seeking your sympathy, nor I am upset, I just made an observation about due dates. Your example from Canada is different, what if you had superchargers coming in 2014 in the Windsor-Quebec corridor and people where there sending pictures with the equipment ready to be connected for moths in their crates ? Wouldn't you be interested to know more?

i agree with the comment! that if somebody does not want to be informed about the opening of Greenville or any supercharger, and just wait until they open, then just don't participate in this thread, this thread IS ONLY about the opening of Greenville supercharger. If is not about the opening and advances, what else is this thread about?
I am interested about this thread and joined this thread because this Greenville supercharger shortens my trip with about 200 miles. What is wrong with wanting to know anything relevant to this?

All I asked is why Tesla can not post any information rather than the mystery and speculation,why not Tesla could post for example: work will resume in 10 weeks, or work will resume in 4 months, or there are permit problems and could take months, or this site has been cancelled and the equipment removed, or the contractor was fired and no date for opening. I think is fair to ask when the website says opening soon in 2014 and we are in august and the work seems stopped. There has to be somebody who does know, again why the mystery? this is not the release of the IPhone 6, no need for secrecy.

Again I am not upset and I am happy that this thread exist, I am thankful to the people that are contributing with pictures and comments to understand better when will it be available, I just hoped Tesla would help too.

I am not upset, I am very happy enjoying having trips with this wonderfull car.

Thanks again to those providing information and helpful hints.

Yes, I created this thread back in April for this exact purpose. To monitor the "progress" of the location. However there isn't any.

We've reached out to a Tesla resource that has knowledge about many Superchargers and he won't give us any details. Unfortunately there isn't much to share.

Still no progress...

I was able to stop by on my trip from Raleigh -> Clemson today. As others have said, it's a great location with tons of stuff nearby and easy on/off of I-85.

Still no progress, however. It looks like the read headers on the charging pillars are fading from red to pink from being uncovered in the sun so long. Not sure if that comes through in the pictures or what. Hopefully they'll begin again and get this thing wrapped up.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Hate for my first post to the forum to be passing along bad news. I'd heard rumors that this SC location was mired in a lawsuit so I did a little poking around. The Shopping Center is owned by DDR (huge real estate company) that has forged a partnership with Tesla DDR Expands Partnership with Tesla (NYSEDDR)

A quick search of Greenville County Courthouse filings shows that a lawsuit was filed against DDR and specifically this property on 5/21/14 by a neighboring property owner - Ringold Partners II, LLC. Other named defendants include Black & Veatch, which solidifies that this suit is in relation to the SC construction. Couldn't see the actual filing but it states "Breach of Contract" so I can only speculate what could be at the root of this lawsuit, but the next hearing isn't scheduled until October, which means its likely to be long time before any action resumes at this site.

In more positive news, I've got an S85 scheduled for delivery on 9/23.

I'd heard rumors that this site was mired in a lawsuit, so I did a little poking around. Turns out the shopping center owner (DDR - DDR Expands Partnership with Tesla) was sued on 5/21/14 by a neighboring property owner - closely matches timing of when progress stopped. Greenville County Courthouse website only shows that it's a "Breach of Contract" suit and I couldn't pull up copies of any specific filings. Among the named defendants is Black & Veatch, thus solidifying that this suit is in connection to the SC construction. Next court hearing isn't scheduled until October, so it's likely going to be a long time before this SC is up and running.

Yesterday TMC-forum-member Cosmacelf posted the following message (regarding the extreme long delay of the San Juan Capistrano Supercharger station) in the Cabazon/Indio thread:

"No that record must go to San Juan Capistrano. About a year from permits to fully ready. The hold up in that case was utility easement negotiations between the property owner (who had already contracted with Tesla for the Supercharging spaces) and the utility. To be honest, you had two large company lawyers (a bank and a utility company), probably both outside council, charging a huge hourly rate, each trying to out measure each other's dicks. Or at least that's what it looked like. To be more specific, the bank wanted language to say that in the event the utility company did not need the easement anymore, it was to remove conduit and wires within 10 days of the Supercharger going away. The utility company lawyers couldn't agree to this since they can't move that fast. And presumably no manager from either company intervened for months to resolve this rather simple point.

So, who knows what is going on in Indio, but I suspect lawyer hold ups again... "

My comment: "RIDICULOUS!!!"

This should not be allowed to happen again, at any other Supercharger location, anywhere in the world.

Last edited:
I also found the lawsuit records. The Point owner DDR is being defended by Nelson Mullins, a firm that I previously used. I sent an email to William Brown, attorney for DDR asking for an update. I will forward any information that I get.

Last edited:
A bit more information. On the Navarro Real Estate site (http://www.navarrorealestate.com/deal_portfolio.php) there is a listing for acquisition and re-development services for Smith Chapel Holdings LLC. Apparently they are buying the former plant that is right behind "The Point" shopping center. See the listing and picture of the property at http://www.cbre.us/services/industrial/AssetLibrary/SPG_SC_15_CarolinaPkwy.pdf. The superchargers are right beside this property, so the lawsuit is probably some property dispute (that is what Lis Pendens means). No contact from the attorney as yet, I will post if I get anything.