Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh. We are leaving Chicago tomorrow headed for Charleston. I certainly hope that this is the last trip without a SC in Greenville. But - I need to be grateful: the trip this time last year was without SC's in Indianapolis, KY or TN and my husband does not mind walking from the superchargers to the restaurants so I suppose I should be very grateful for his good mood and general Tesla progress : ) The Richardson Street chademo is supposed to be working ok - we will try this once again. Thanks to all for the updates on one of my obsessions. We many have to take a look on Tuesday when we get to South Carolina.

This is great. Please keep us up to date on any progress. Trip planned for late October but that's too optimistic.

As this is just around the corner from my wife's business, it will be no issue for me to check up on it occasionally.

Sigh. We are leaving Chicago tomorrow headed for Charleston. I certainly hope that this is the last trip without a SC in Greenville. But - I need to be grateful: the trip this time last year was without SC's in Indianapolis, KY or TN and my husband does not mind walking from the superchargers to the restaurants so I suppose I should be very grateful for his good mood and general Tesla progress : ) The Richardson Street chademo is supposed to be working ok - we will try this once again. Thanks to all for the updates on one of my obsessions. We many have to take a look on Tuesday when we get to South Carolina.

Have a safe trip! If you do come by the proposed charger location, you would be just around the corner from my wife's business (bakery). If it is during business hours, I would like to offer you to stop by and have cupcakes on me. You can PM me if you want and I can give you my info. Never mind that I like looking at every Tesla I get the chance to.
Trey

I hope it's your last time, too! I hope you had a successful trip.

Great to hear Tesla is getting this back on track. I was in town visiting my in-laws over the 4th weekend and drove by the stale original site.

The old site has been sitting so long you can see it mid-construction on Google Maps Satellite view.

This is one of the last remaining puzzle pieces for me to finally convince my wife of the S (or maybe now X) purchase.

Is it too early to plan the grand opening? Let's invite everyone who has posted on this thread to an overnight party at the Hilton Garden Inn to thank the hotel for housing the supercharger. The pent up demand for this supercharger must exceed that for Indio, Albuquerque, and San Juan Capistrano. Perhaps Tesla could send someone to explain how they are going to complete all those proposed 2015 superchargers strewn across the South.

The menu for dinner at Chipotle is laid out early in this thread. I believe it involves a Patron Margarita.

scoots

Is it too early to plan the grand opening? Let's invite everyone who has posted on this thread to an overnight party at the Hilton Garden Inn to thank the hotel for housing the supercharger. The pent up demand for this supercharger must exceed that for Indio, Albuquerque, and San Juan Capistrano. Perhaps Tesla could send someone to explain how they are going to complete all those proposed 2015 superchargers strewn across the South.

The menu for dinner at Chipotle is laid out early in this thread. I believe it involves a Patron Margarita.

scoots

I love this idea. I hope to be in town for the grand opening festivities. Our trip went well despite getting my first speeding ticket in Chicago within 15 miles from the beginning of the trip. Speedtrap. Lawyering up. All the new SC's between Chicago and Charleston made a significant difference in the trip from one year ago. The Richardson Street garage in Greenville delighted us with a great CHADEMO charging rate that rose to 148mi/hr. We also used a destination HPWC charger in Kodak, TN (thank you!!). It's getting easier all the time.

I've read on this thread that Greenville will be putting a few HPWCs downtown. Does anyone know where? It's such a delightful downtown area. It will be great for all of us and for businesses in Greenville when we have charging options. We had a fantastic lunch in the outdoor area at the Hyatt on Main Street, just in case anyone is looking for a recommendation.

I love this idea. I hope to be in town for the grand opening festivities. Our trip went well despite getting my first speeding ticket in Chicago within 15 miles from the beginning of the trip. Speedtrap. Lawyering up. All the new SC's between Chicago and Charleston made a significant difference in the trip from one year ago. The Richardson Street garage in Greenville delighted us with a great CHADEMO charging rate that rose to 148mi/hr. We also used a destination HPWC charger in Kodak, TN (thank you!!). It's getting easier all the time.

I've read on this thread that Greenville will be putting a few HPWCs downtown. Does anyone know where? It's such a delightful downtown area. It will be great for all of us and for businesses in Greenville when we have charging options. We had a fantastic lunch in the outdoor area at the Hyatt on Main Street, just in case anyone is looking for a recommendation.

I'm glad to hear this is getting better and moving along. It would have made yesterday's trip to Atlanta work. Sadly, we ended up taking the ICE since I had forgotten the plug in (the outlet, not the car).

Btw, could I get your thoughts in this thread on route options seeing as you seem to have made the exact trip I'm thinking about. Thanks!
Charlotte to Chicago Road Trip

Perhaps Tesla could send someone to explain how they are going to complete all those proposed 2015 superchargers strewn across the South.

Just made the drive from Decatur, GA to Charlotte (one bio break) last Wednesday Sept. 9 on a rainy/dreary day.
I drove the 255 miles conservatively (in rolling terrain), arrived with 26 rated miles.

Greenville, SC will come in very handy for that drive (with a bit more acceleration) next time.

I have spoken with Tesla rep about anything headed East of of Dallas back in February, I guess they still have other priorities.
By my count in reviewing the current Tesla Motors Supercharger projected Map, there are 11 proposed and projected Superchargers to be installed between Dallas to Atlanta by end of 2015.
And another six more locations in Southern Texas plus Denton and Amarillo -- eight more projected total Superchargers in Texas alone.

Beside the already permitted location in Denton, are any of these projected locations on anyone's radar?

It looks like Southern Missouri, Western Tennessee, Eastern Oklahoma and entire state of Arkansas will be SOL for another several months into 2016 even if the entire rest of the above list is completed.

Just made the drive from Decatur, GA to Charlotte (one bio break) last Wednesday Sept. 9 on a rainy/dreary day.
I drove the 255 miles conservatively (in rolling terrain), arrived with 26 rated miles.

Greenville, SC will come in very handy for that drive (with a bit more acceleration) next time.

I have spoken with Tesla rep about anything headed East of of Dallas back in February, I guess they still have other priorities.
By my count in reviewing the current Tesla Motors Supercharger projected Map, there are 11 proposed and projected Superchargers to be installed between Dallas to Atlanta by end of 2015.
And another six more locations in Southern Texas plus Denton and Amarillo -- eight more projected total Superchargers in Texas alone.

Beside the already permitted location in Denton, are any of these projected locations on anyone's radar?

It looks like Southern Missouri, Western Tennessee, Eastern Oklahoma and entire state of Arkansas will be SOL for another several months into 2016 even if the entire rest of the above list is completed.

I expect that a couple of obvious gaps will be filled in soon. The Nashville to St. Louis gap on I-24 and the Knoxville through VA on I-81. Looking at Tesla historical projections I do not expect I-40 West to be addressed for a while nor do I think I-65 is a priority.

I expect that a couple of obvious gaps will be filled in soon. The Nashville to St. Louis gap on I-24 and the Knoxville through VA on I-81. Looking at Tesla historical projections I do not expect I-40 West to be addressed for a while nor do I think I-65 is a priority.

It would sure make a great deal of difference and improvement if I-20 between Dallas and Atlanta got a little love.
Currently there are no known permits or construction.

There is a dentist office (Thomas Family Dentistry-see earlier in this thread) in Greenville, SC that has a HPWC located at their office that is on 24/7. I stopped by yesterday and charged for 30 minutes on my trip from Charlotte to Atlanta (actually, Suwanee). I was able to drive normally without concern of running out of electrons!

There is a dentist office (Thomas Family Dentistry-see earlier in this thread) in Greenville, SC that has a HPWC located at their office that is on 24/7. I stopped by yesterday and charged for 30 minutes on my trip from Charlotte to Atlanta (actually, Suwanee). I was able to drive normally without concern of running out of electrons!

Glad you made it!
There are are also a couple of CHAdeMO in parking garages in Greenville (I had the Tesla adapter with me and could have used it).
I was never in crisis mode on my trek, made it just fine in my S85.
Not recommended for S60s.

Probably slower rate of speed than some folks care to drive, but still had plenty of range.
Our overall times were probably very similar since you charged for 30 minutes.
I have heard tales of people arriving with single digit range remaining, that is just not my style.

"There is more than one way to tie a pair of shoes."

I am driving from Atlanta to Charlotte this Saturday, and I'm trying to decide whether to take the Model S or my Jeep. For those of you who have done it, do you have specific advice about the speed you drove, etc?

Charging in Decatur and putting it into range mode would be a given.

I have a P85D with 21" wheels (not sure how relevant wheels are for this).

I am driving from Atlanta to Charlotte this Saturday, and I'm trying to decide whether to take the Model S or my Jeep. For those of you who have done it, do you have specific advice about the speed you drove, etc?

Charging in Decatur and putting it into range mode would be a given.

I have a P85D with 21" wheels (not sure how relevant wheels are for this).

You should be fine this time of year (not too hot or cold outside, not extreme use of climate control inside), just minimize climate control, keep the pano closed and keep your speed in check to ensure range to Charlotte.