Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotcha! Went by Friday afternoon to see what had been done. Really didn't expect much with all the rain we have had in the area, but was impressed by what I saw. They have the 8 bollard's up and looks like they are moving along quite well.

Thank you Trey for the great update!

I note that this is now at about the same point in construction where the original location stalled in May 2014. Fingers crossed :)

Thank you Trey for the great update!

I note that this is now at about the same point in construction where the original location stalled in May 2014. Fingers crossed :)

Trey,

Thanks for keeping this site updated. Lots of progress since I went by 10 days ago. Hope they get this ready by my next trip late November!

No problem guys! Anything I can do to try to help out my out of town friends. I know there are a lot of people that want/need this SC up and running and I will try to let you all know as soon as we can.

Trey

That's crazy, the thing with the previous site. Crossing my fingers for this one, because it means I could do Santee, SC to Waynesville, NC (where I can plug in at my in-laws) about an hour faster because I won't need to bounce through Charlotte. More interesting terrain, too! If they could just get moving on the Asheville location, that region would be tip-top for us to visit!

Greenville for me is key at the moment that I still have 120v charging at home. With that, the car would sit forever trying to get to a 100% charge for me to get to Atlanta. Right now, it's 90% and being careful with speed and maybe even stopping at the dentist's office for a bit. This SpC would make it effortless.

Hello! I live in Greenville, and I've been following Supercharger builds elsewhere in the country on here enough I figured I should join up and do my part as part of the vast conspiracy monitoring supercharger roll-out. :) In light of that, I present the following report and pictures. It was (finally!) blue skies and scattered clouds here, and one of the workers was loose-lipped enough to disclose that it was much more pleasant working in these conditions. It seems that all the bollards were in, and one (the second from left) was already encased--don't know why, I didn't see casings for the others around. While I was there, they were working on the large white upright cabinets I took a picture of, at the far right end of the line. There appeared to be a large spot at the far left end of the trench for something else, with conduit coming up out of the ground. This latter area was directly under a power line. Somebody more familiar with these sites want to explain what all this means? :D

IMG_20151006_165832_zpsmtwku9yo.jpg

IMG_20151006_170007_zpskfxpnscg.jpg

IMG_20151006_165928_zpsnpcyt3md.jpg

IMG_20151006_165922_zpsrozho5yh.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to seeing this site up and running and getting to scope out some more Teslas!

Coming along nicely. I assume 4 of the stalls have Tesla EV parking only and 4 have the 2 hour limit. First time I've seen that 2 hour parking sign with a time range. I guess that means those spots will be ICEd often, especially outside the hours of 12 - 8 pm where they can be used for overnight parking.

A time range would make sense to limit the over night time to allow passing travelers to recharge. However as most parked vehicles there may be guests at one of the hotels we may want to lobby with the hotels to inform all ICE not to park there?

Coming along nicely. I assume 4 of the stalls have Tesla EV parking only and 4 have the 2 hour limit. First time I've seen that 2 hour parking sign with a time range. I guess that means those spots will be ICEd often, especially outside the hours of 12 - 8 pm where they can be used for overnight parking.

Yeah that is an unfortunate concession, but makes some sense for it being a hotel. Wonder if there will be problems with them all being ICEd overnight because when only the 2 hour stalls are open, people could think, "pfft, 2 hour limit? I'm leaving early in the morning, nobody will care or know". Maybe the fact these are the lighted might help a little at night to deter people from blocking them.

Actually it's 6 with time limit and two without.

A time range would make sense to limit the over night time to allow passing travelers to recharge. However as most parked vehicles there may be guests at one of the hotels we may want to lobby with the hotels to inform all ICE not to park there?

Not a bad idea, but I will say even before construction, there was not many cars parked in this area.

Yeah that is an unfortunate concession, but makes some sense for it being a hotel. Wonder if there will be problems with them all being ICEd overnight because when only the 2 hour stalls are open, people could think, "pfft, 2 hour limit? I'm leaving early in the morning, nobody will care or know". Maybe the fact these are the lighted might help a little at night to deter people from blocking them.

I don't think you will see too much issue. They are located just off from the main hotel parking area, but not inconvenient.
Trey

- - - Updated - - -

I love it that the legwork is being done by a fellow Leaf owner! Thanks for the update!

Good eye! I actually just picked this up a week or so ago. Turned in my BMW lease to save a few dollars before I am ready to order the MS.
Trey

Maybe it's just me, but I find that sign ambiguous and problematic once more Teslas are on the road in search of SCs. Theoretically, you could have a spot continously ICEd between 8 pm and noon (or even up to 2pm),and then still ICEd at various more times during the day.

Even is its an unlikely concern for Greenville, I certainly wouldn't want to see these signs proliferate.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that sign ambiguous and problematic

Agree that while it looks like it should be clear, something about how its laid out makes it unclear. I went back and looked at the sign again and had put an "or" in there in my head, so I was thinking it was 2 hours OR between 12PM - 8PM. Maybe I'm just dumb though, it does seem like it should be clear. At least its not like this:

c9MKa0X.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you will see too much issue. They are located just off from the main hotel parking area, but not inconvenient.
Trey

Ahh, looking at the photos, it looked like they were very close to an entrance to the hotel, but that's the other hotel with a separate parking lot. They are in a good spot in that most of the other spots are more convenient to the hotel.

2015-10-09_9-07-05.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I find that sign ambiguous and problematic once more Teslas are on the road in search of SCs. Theoretically, you could have a spot continously ICEd between 8 pm and noon (or even up to 2pm),and then still ICEd at various more times during the day.

Even is its an unlikely concern for Greenville, I certainly wouldn't want to see these signs proliferate.

I agree it's ambiguous. I read that as you CAN park there as long as you want outside of those hours. I most cities, they'll be parking spaces marked with signs that say "2 hour parking 8am - 6pm Mon-Fri" it's generally assumed that you can park in that space as long as you want at night and on the weekends.

I suspect this is an unfortunate concession Tesla had to make. I doubt it will be purposefully ICE'd too often (outside of someone parking there cuz it's empty and they suspect it'll help them avoid door dings), but if a guest comes back to his hotel at 9pm and the rest of the lot is full, they're going to park there and I don't blame them and I don't blame the hotel for not wanting to deal with angry guests complaining about a full lot and off limit Tesla spots.

I agree. I'm hoping it's in place for the holidays as well.

Yup. Not just for my Charlotte -> Atlanta trip that I can make conservatively, but a Charlotte -> Lake Lenior Thanksgiving Day trip where I won't have access to charging at my destination. Thankfully, there are owners and businesses with HPWCs available on plug share that I may hit up for a small top off if this is open; otherwise, I have to park the Tesla at a charging location and get a ride to dinner.