Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
Saturday morning the 10th. Looks like some progress. Impressed the crew was working on a very wet Sat AM! Hopefully ready for my next trip to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and I can leave the ICE at home.

Now I'm having the unrealistic desire that this SC is operational for my trip from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach next weekend. I know it won't be...I'm already borrowing a friends' CHAdeMO adapter and figured I should do at least one trip where charging is an adventure.

But damn, it'd be cool if it was.

Now I'm having the unrealistic desire that this SC is operational for my trip from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach next weekend. I know it won't be...I'm already borrowing a friends' CHAdeMO adapter and figured I should do at least one trip where charging is an adventure.

But damn, it'd be cool if it was.

The Richardson Street garage has a CHADeMO charger that has been working really well lately! Yet, I hope you don't need it for your Myrtle Beach trip.

There is also a CHADeMO charger in the Clemson University ICAR center off of I85 @ Laurens Rd. I have used it a couple of times with no issues other than a Nissan Leaf that has been parked there for a few weeks. You can pull up beside the Leaf and still make the cable reach. Depending on your travel route, this could be more convenient than going downtown. Now there is nothing there in comparison to all the options downtown.
Trey

The Richardson Street garage has a CHADeMO charger that has been working really well lately! Yet, I hope you don't need it for your Myrtle Beach trip.

The idea actually is to stop at the L2 in Commerce, GA at the Outlet Mall for an hour or two because my GF loves Outlet Malls, and then charge in Richardson if needed with the CHAdeMO, then go up to Charlotte and back down to Myrtle Beach. On the way back, the idea is to take a different route altogether - go to Santee and then use the CHAdeMO at the Georgia Power station in Augusta, which now charges which means it won't be used as often by LEAFs and might be more reliable since less people will be using it.

We're staying at the Best Western in Myrtle Beach which has a Destination Charger, gonna call today to make sure it survived Joaquin.

In any case, I have Plugshare and can find options. It'll definitely be an adventure! Maybe I should make a Bjorn style video of it...

To keep this on topic, how realistic would the new Greenville location be to the Santee SC? It looks like 155 miles on Google Maps, but that doesn't take into account elevation.

To keep this on topic, how realistic would the new Greenville location be to the Santee SC? It looks like 155 miles on Google Maps, but that doesn't take into account elevation.

Just use EV Trip Planner to check out questions like this. Make sure to put in the correct parameters, most importantly model, speed multiplier, and temps. The speed multiplier is on average road speeds, not speed limits.

With a P85D on 19's and 600 lbs, I get 170 rated miles down to Santee, and 180 RM up to Greenville. For the net elevation change of 886 feet, that is right on with my rule of 6 rated miles per 1,000 feet of net elevation; -5 RM down and +5 RM up is a net difference of 10 RM.

The only thing that I saw being worked on was the fence around the charger. It appears that the pad is poured for the power company to install their equipment, but I did not see anything on site yet. I also am by there almost every day, so we will have plenty of coverage of this construction.
Trey

I've been waiting for Greenville for some time and am glad it's nearly available. It will complete my ability to go anywhere on the East Coast north and south. Being in Birmingham, I also look forward to Jackson, MS and maybe Shreveport in order to get to Dallas via a shorter route than through Houston. Trust me, I've 10 grandchildren spread all over the U.S.!

So when is Birmingham going to get an SC? Or maybe I can Sponge off of you on the way from Greenville to Jackson :)
I've been waiting for Greenville for some time and am glad it's nearly available. It will complete my ability to go anywhere on the East Coast north and south. Being in Birmingham, I also look forward to Jackson, MS and maybe Shreveport in order to get to Dallas via a shorter route than through Houston. Trust me, I've 10 grandchildren spread all over the U.S.!