Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As Thomas has already said, they have begun connecting the power. I went by after work today and they have run the line up the pole and connected to the disconnects, but no connection to the main line yet. Looks like they could get it done by tomorrow easy. I will have more free time tomorrow so I will take a couple trips by there and see if there is any more news.
Trey

When I spoke to the electrical workers, they said they would be done no later than the end of today (that was around noon). Here is what I posted on the Carolina Tesla FB page.

I thought I would post something new about the Greenville SC super charging station. I happened to be at the Whole Foods Market today, so I drove down the street and lo-and-behold, the electric company was hooking up the main electrical lines from pole to underground power lines put in by Tesla. That is a huge step because that means all the permitting is done and signed off on and the whole site should be ready to go. I am pretty sure that all the underground stuff was done during the initial install, since I saw them laying conduit and also pulling wires. There were two large lamp poles that still needed to be mounted on two cement pedestals, but they were lying on the ground right next to the lot and I can't imagine that would take more than a couple of hours. I think this should be on-line in the next couple of days. I was told by the electrical workers that they would be done today, but per the above posts, perhaps it will not be until tomorrow! I will try and check daily from here on out.
Greenville Super Charger.JPG

When I spoke to the electrical workers, they said they would be done no later than the end of today (that was around noon). Here is what I posted on the Carolina Tesla FB page.

I thought I would post something new about the Greenville SC super charging station. I happened to be at the Whole Foods Market today, so I drove down the street and lo-and-behold, the electric company was hooking up the main electrical lines from pole to underground power lines put in by Tesla. That is a huge step because that means all the permitting is done and signed off on and the whole site should be ready to go. I am pretty sure that all the underground stuff was done during the initial install, since I saw them laying conduit and also pulling wires. There were two large lamp poles that still needed to be mounted on two cement pedestals, but they were lying on the ground right next to the lot and I can't imagine that would take more than a couple of hours. I think this should be on-line in the next couple of days. I was told by the electrical workers that they would be done today, but per the above posts, perhaps it will not be until tomorrow! I will try and check daily from here on out.

They may not wait for the light poles. The two SCs that just opened here in Minnesota have bases and wires for light poles, but the poles hadn't been installed when I visited them a couple weeks ago.

Could be Close!

They may not wait for the light poles. The two SCs that just opened here in Minnesota have bases and wires for light poles, but the poles hadn't been installed when I visited them a couple weeks ago.
I just spoke with the power company crew boss, they will talk to you unlike the Tesla crew, and he said that they would have power to the whole system today but he was not sure if the Greenville electrical inspector had yet given the final inspection. He also said that they have nothing to do with the lamp posts and Tesla would have to put them up. But, it sure looks like things are getting close.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the past, after power has been turned on, an outside engineering company has needed to inspect superchargers and certify them, similar to a UL certification for consumer goods. That may need to precede the Greenville electrical inspector.

scoots

In the past, after power has been turned on, an outside engineering company has needed to inspect superchargers and certify them, similar to a UL certification for consumer goods. That may need to precede the Greenville electrical inspector.

What I have observed is that after all building and electrical inspections have passed and power is connected, a Tesla Supercharger team shows up with a Model S and does the final check out. If all passes, then they turn on the Supercharger Site. It can take some days after that unofficial opening for the site to show up in the car's database, the "Find Us" database, etc. Only a fraction of sites get Grand Opening ceremonies.

This site certainly will deserve a "Bronze Spike" award for filling in the last gap on I-85!

UL certification is for a product type, not each individual unit produced.