TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Grenada, MS

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Missile Toad, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

Something nice is coming this way...

2. anonim1979

anonim1979 Member

3. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  4. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

#4 CSFTN, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Interestingly, a couple of enthusiastic locals stopped by to talk. Apparently they were able to get some info from the workers. Assuming their 2nd hand info is correct, same crew just finished an install in Canton MS and are moving on to Oxford MS and then Southaven MS. That seems like too many chargers for northern MS, but he was confident that's what they said.

Edit: forgot the MOST IMPORTANT detail of the Canton rumor. He said the charger is at the Pilot (or Love's, couldn't remember) truck stop!

5. msudawgfan

msudawgfan New Member

None of those locations are on the 2017 map. Oxford makes as much sense as a truckstop for a Supercharger, but a destination charger would make sense. Hopefully, Hattiesburg and Brookhaven are next. Jackson to Mobile is a stretch.

6. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

#6 CSFTN, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    @BlueShift should link to this site ...

Tesla's nearby lists the waffle house which is technically correct, buy it would take a brave soul to cross that road at that location (just over the crest of a hill a short distance from the I-65 exit). There's no traffic control, no sidewalks, big trenches along the street. I wouldn't risk my life for a waffle. And its 80 miles to the nearest real hospital.

But the gas station food wasn't terrible and the folks were nice. Nowhere to sit.

7. corlow

corlow Member

I was just at the Grenada Supercharger Saturday evening. The Waffle House was easily accessible. There was not much traffic on the road.

Attached Files: