Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gretna, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A dig ticket was filed 9/15 for the Winn Dixie at 2112 Belle Chasse Hwy in Gretna, LA for “digging for property corners for new Tesla charge“. The polygon is the parking lot to the south along commerce street. Company is Landsource who did the site survey for the Canal St Supercharger in permiting in NOLA. No pin on the map for this one.

1663311358849.png

@Big Earl @corywright

My first big road trip was from The Woodlands, TX to Pointe a la Hache, LA. The only Supercharger stops along the way were Lake Charles and Baton Rouge, and we had to stay the night n NOLA and charge in a garage to make the trip.
Oh, how times have changed! I sort of miss the old days of having to plan a route ahead of time.

• Funny
Reactions: drdumont and Guy V
Drove by Thursday, no construction yet. There were a few survey markers on that side of the property, but honestly its kind of a terrible location for a charger. Chargers need to be located on the other side of the parking lot where there is more visibility. The tree on the southeast part of the property over near the urgent care clinic seems to have a homeless camp, or at least its a hangout for folks I definitely don't want to park my car next to.

This charger needs to be next to the Chase Bank along Wall Blvd, much more visible. Greater New Orleans area has a crime problem in general and tucking this thing off in a corner isn't a good idea.

Looks like it was just a site survey. Who knows if it was satisfactory to Tesla or not.
I'd say a better location would be just a bit farther down hwy23 at the Rouse's. That parking lot seems to have tons of traffic and no homeless / day labor folks hanging out. Tons of parking spots that never get used at the edge of the parking lot near hwy23, so very low chance of being ICE'ed.

Reactions: drdumont
Guess Gretna never happened. The location was a bit sketchy, especially at night, like Shreveport. Denks Gott for Natchitoches. The folks at that convenience store are pretty hospitable, especially if you take the time to buy cold drinks, coffee, maybe a snack. I still stop in at Alexandria for old times' sake and clean rest rooms.