Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grove City, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Dayton, but often travel to Columbus. We charge at Easton before the trip back. Our second Model S does not have twin chargers, so this Supercharger will allow us to take either car to Columbus. Well done Tesla!

We watched, and documented, construction of the Dayton Supercharger, which is also an 8 unit installation. It actually goes pretty fast, once construction begins, but it will seem to be agonizingly slow. The work crews are great, and are used to owners bring doughnuts by as they watch progress.

Tesla's updated map shows Grove City going live this year. Anyone see any progress on the ground?

I was at the Indy store today and one of the reps reiterated that this was scheduled to come up before the end of the year. We're passing through the area tomorrow and would LOVE to have it pop up on the nav map as a surprise, but not holding my breath.

I stopped by Derby Square tonight and found the Superchargers at the southwest corner of the square (behind the Play It Again Sports in the lot adjacent to Parkmead Dr.). The construction is pretty far along and it looks like they are just waiting for the transformer. All 8 charging stalls are in, the wood enclosure around the cabinets and distribution center is in and the pad for the transformer has been poured.
IMG_5447.JPG
IMG_5453.JPG
IMG_5455.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5453.JPG
    IMG_5453.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_5453.JPG
    IMG_5453.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 544
Any further updates?

Was thinking of taking my girls to one of the Columbus museums this week. Don't want to take the ICE!!

Dave,

There is a lot of L2 charging in Columbus, depending on what museum you go to, there may be an l2 option for you to hit there, even if this supercharger is not up and running yet. You could also hit the Dayton SC on the way up and the way back. It would add a little bit of time and mileage to the trip, but it would make it doable in your p85.

Dave,

There is a lot of L2 charging in Columbus, depending on what museum you go to, there may be an l2 option for you to hit there, even if this supercharger is not up and running yet. You could also hit the Dayton SC on the way up and the way back. It would add a little bit of time and mileage to the trip, but it would make it doable in your p85.

I second this!

Why not take them to a museum and then to Easton (TESLA Store) to use their HPCs?

Any further updates?

Was thinking of taking my girls to one of the Columbus museums this week. Don't want to take the ICE!!

Dave, I'm not sure where in Cincy you are, but this past July, we were able to make it from Hyde Park up to Columbus to a Tesla event at COSI, and then on to visit friends in Bexley, and then back home again, all without charging. We had about 25 miles of rated range left when we got back, so you might be able to do it without hitting a charger.

Just got back from the SpC site. Transformer on the pad, stand for meter in place but still covered. I lifted it up some but didn't want to get too nosy. Felt for the "bubble" and not installed just yet.

It's tucked back behind the City Barbeque. Tesla essentially set up shop in the overflow parking area behind the shopping center. Turn onto Parkmead off of Stringtown. There is a sidewalk between the buildings. One side is The Derby, a bar that gets mixed reviews on Yelp, and the other is an H&R Block. There are other shops, a grocery store (Giant Eagle) and eateries in the shopping center.

Overall, close to I-71 and will connect Cincy to Cleveland in a more direct way than the Easton HPWC or the Morse Rd SC. I'd be interested to know the frequency local MS owners will use it. However, when it does go live I propose an unofficial meet up of Tesla owners. We can take over The Derby if it's dreadfully cold & still see our cars from the bar's patio.