Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Groveland, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe similar to Fountain Valley they will have an L-shaped config, but with 1 facing the other way (probably head-in) rather than 2. A space with an L2 would make more sense given the usual paired deployment.

Edit: or.... 6 with room for one to be ADA-compliant?

Last edited:
I drove through Groveland last Thursday and again today. No sign of Supercharger construction.
the SC is supposed to be located at a city-owned lot at the corner of Main St. (Hwy 120) and Ponderosa Lane. This is on the left as you enter town from the west, just before the Chamber of Commerce/ReMax Gold office, a little ways past the pharmacy and Groveland Inn and a block or three (counting alleys/parking access) before you get to the Groveland Hotel on the right. I believe the lot is actually off Ponderosa Lane, and it appears to be mostly hidden from 120 by trees and outbuildings...
And today I drove down Ponderosa Lane. I agree with @GRA that the Supercharger location is more likely to be in the parking areas accessed from that side road and not visible from 120. The west corner of Hwy 120 and Ponderosa is currently parking for a business located on 120 and would be prime real estate in that little town. It seems more likely the Supercharger will be farther off 120, though it will still be easily accessible.

Good news! Drove through last night about 10:00 on the way to the east side (writing this in the June Lake Library), and saw the parking spaces on the south side where the stalls are going to be coned and taped off. There's another section of the lot, on the west end of the north side that's also coned off, and I expect they'll use that to store equipment. there was a backhoe there, but AFAICT no digging yet (just took a quick glance without getting out of my car, as I was running late). I'll check it out on again on my way back Saturday afternoon, and see if they've made any progress today or tomorrow. No pictures, as my 9-year-old flip phone lacks a camera (I still just need a phone, thank you:p). I need to run, so if someone wants to give Blueshift a heads-up, feel free.

Thanks for posting. But what you describe does not in my opinion rise to the level of proof of Tesla Supercharger construction. I want to believe....

Which "lot" are you referring to? The parking lot directly on the west corner of Main St. and Ponderosa Lane? Or the lot on Ponderosa Lan about 100 ft northwest of Main St?

The one off Ponderosa, which is the one shown on the map in the permit application I noted back in post #47 - see http://tuolumneco.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=&event_id=182&meta_id=29779 Went by again about 3:30 Saturday afternoon, and there was a 3-man crew there working. The guy on the backhoe had dug up most of the area where the stalls will be. I didn't spot any Tesla equipment on site yet, but they're still at too early a stage for that. They had a container for their gear there, which seemed to have wire spools and related stuff inside. The one crew guy I talked to was clearly uncomfortable saying anything, so I didn't push him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the permit I had forgotten that it had that detailed map in it. I know exactly the area shown on the permit, in fact on my recent trip through Groveland I parked in that lot off Ponderosa to keep my S off the main street.

So great news! I believe you are correct, that Supercharger construction has started and I will edit the thread title. This location will definitely be ready for travel to Yosemite next spring, maybe even this winter.

Review the Harris ranch thread should you wish to jog your memory. o_O

But, for an easy thought experiment, consider the most basic odd configuration--three stalls. You're the third person to show up. Which stall do YOU want the first person to pick?