Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Groveland, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed though today. Looks like all they need to do is pave the lot, take the shrink-wrap off the chargers, and turn on the juice. Could be any day. View attachment 199850View attachment 199853
Thanks for the update! I'm excited for this to be almost done, even before I get my Model 3 as Yosemite is my favorite place on earth and I go there a few times per year besides my normal week long camping trips. When returning from vacation last July, I was towing my trailer home and saw the Matte Black Model 3 prototype car just coming up the grade before Groveland, it was awesome!

• Love
Reactions: Owner
It's been 20 some days since the last image of the SC was posted, has anyone been by recently to see how it is progressing?
I need it this Friday! Post some pics if you have them :)

I will be in the area on Nov 22/23rd. If by chance nobody posts an update and you are in the area Friday, please let me know how it looks. Would be a convenient excuse to detour off my planned route for a scenic side trip if this was opened. :D

Reactions: EV-lutioin
They just need to flip the switch

Attachments

• IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    475 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 152
Looking at the photos I think there still needs to be tire stops put in place at this location. The curb stop??.. by then you may have hit the charging pedestal if you are not paying close attention. Hey! It happens! A little prevention is worth a lot $$$ of cure.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Looking at the photos I think there still needs to be tire stops put in place at this location
I suspect those are added right at the end of the construction process. The ones at Buttonwillow are indeed very useful.

Not going to be many Tesla owners passing through Groveland in the wintertime, but hoping to get an update on this site from someone soon...

I went to Yosemite once in the winter. Unfortunately much of it is closed due to snow, and the valley doesn't get that much sunlight. Love it the rest of the year, winter not so much.
We enjoyed it one Presidents' Day, but it was quite mild and had been dry for a few weeks prior. I think it can be beautiful in the winter as well, weather depending.

If things look similar this year, we may go in February. I can't imagine I'll be the first to check in on the site. Surely someone else is headed that way.

We enjoyed it one Presidents' Day, but it was quite mild and had been dry for a few weeks prior. I think it can be beautiful in the winter as well, weather depending.

If things look similar this year, we may go in February. I can't imagine I'll be the first to check in on the site. Surely someone else is headed that way.

I'll be heading up there at the end of the month (love Yosemite in the winter!) so I'll report on the status of the Groveland SP then.

Reactions: ohmman
The Valley can be quite beautiful in winter, or depressing, depending on the weather and what activities you're engaged in. I spent two Xmases there cross-country skiing in the Valley up at Crane Flat or on Glacier Pt. Road (free shuttle to Badger Pass then, I think they're charging for it now), skating at Curry Village ('Half Dome Village?" Ptui!) and hanging out reading in the evenings at the then much larger lounge at Yosemite Lodge in the late '70s (Bracebridge: http://www.bracebridgedinners.com/ used to do an extra free XMAS performance at the lounge, in addition to the fancy dinners at the Ahwahnee; don't know if they still do). Stayed in Camp 4 across the road, or at the Lodge or Curry if I got tired of my tent. Anyone heading from the Bay Area to Badger Pass for downhill or X-C skiing will also pass through, unless they go in by 140. So this site is definitely desired before Xmas, Fish Camp too.

Last edited:
Reactions: newtman
The Valley can be quite beautiful in winter, or depressing, depending on the weather and what activities you're engaged in.

I think I must have had very bad luck. All the trails were really iced over, so you couldn't really walk more than a few hundred feet in the valley without some serious slipping and sliding. Badger pass is "okay" but only for about 1/2 a day unless your a beginner. I did a bit of snowshoeing. I found the valley to be very dark too, must have been overcast.