Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Groveland, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally made it to the Groveland SC!

It does have 7 stalls, just like Roseville and a few others.
Most likely due to the limitation of parking spaces, as you can see below.

Here are a couple of photos while I was stopped to charge:

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: tiggerlily
@ohmman, I can visualize positioning a Tesla, with trailer attached but at a near right angle, next to the first charging pedestal, and being able to connect the charge cable to the car. I've been in that lot a few times before the Superchargers were in place and I think there is enough room.

Marc's fine photos give a good view of how that could work. The charging car/tow vehicle might obstruct the second stall but it will be years before this Supercharger is used to maximum capacity.

Last edited:
@ohmman, I can visualize positioning a Tesla, with trailer attached but at a near right angle, next to the first charging pedestal, and being able to connect the charge cable to the car. I've been in that lot a few times before the Superchargers were in place and I think there is enough room.

Marc's fine photos give a good view of how that could work. The charging car/tow vehicle might obstruct the second stall but it will be years before this Supercharger is used to maximum capacity.
Hah! I'm thinking President's Day weekend is possible, but Memorial Day weekend this year is more likely. I think it unlikely it would take until the 4th of July, let alone Labor Day. Once 120 over Tioga opens for the season a holiday weekend's almost guaranteed. Anyone else care to guess?

Now that it is summer, travel volume to Yosemite Valley will spike and we should see more reports on Supercharger usage at Groveland. I hope to use it myself in the next few months. Was planning to use it July 26 and 31 during a trip to White Wolf Lodge but that tent camp won't be opening this year due to heavy snow and some needed infrastructure improvements, so I had to cancel that trip.

When Hwy 120 over Tioga Pass opens the Groveland Supercharger should get busy. But that road isn't open yet.

I sometimes keep the touchscreen dialed out to see the Superchargers in use. Earlier this afternoon, around 12:45 or so, there were 4 stalls in use at Groveland.

In fact, Superchargers in use from Tejon Ranch to Rocklin and from the Bay Area eastward were a lot. Harris Ranch was half full, Buttonwillow had one available, Bakersfield West was half full, Tejon Ranch was over half, Manteca had one available, Vacaville was full, and Rocklin was full. (I might be off one or two here or there.)

It is Friday, and it is June. It would not surprise me in the least if this pattern sustains itself throughout the summer.

• Informative
Reactions: Owner
Btw Yosemite valley has some free L2 options, pretty friendly EV park.

Was the L2 charger in front of the Yosemite Village Store working? When I went last month, it was broken and wouldn't charge my Tesla. The L2 charger and Tesla destination charger at the Ahwahnee were both occupied the whole day by ICE cars. Hotel staff said they called a tow truck but it never came. Are there any other charger options in the valley?