Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gundagai NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging at the Gundagai supercharger today :biggrin:

image.jpg

Whilst it is in the maps it appears routing is not correctly recognising the Gundagai SC as yet. I tried putting Sydney in as a destination (from near Melbourne) and it got as far as Wodonga in the route (giving SC stops and charging times) then basically had one big hop to Sydney and told me (unsurprisingly) that I wouldn't make it! :)
I know trip planner is still beta and has loads of known issues but this appears to be a complete failure to recognise the existence of Gundagai for routing/charging purposes.

I went for a drive to Wagga Wagga on the weekend, and the routing worked both ways, sending me via Gundagai. On the way back to Canberra I left as soon as I got the notification that it had charged enough to continue. Once I got on the road it said "drive slowly to reach you destination" though, so not perfect.

I went for a drive to Wagga Wagga on the weekend, and the routing worked both ways, sending me via Gundagai. On the way back to Canberra I left as soon as I got the notification that it had charged enough to continue. Once I got on the road it said "drive slowly to reach you destination" though, so not perfect.
By 'drive slowly' it appears to mean 'keep it under 115 KmH:biggrin:

Given their roadmap is for Sydney to Brisbane by the end of 2016 then I expect Gold Coast by July is rather optimistic unless they revise that plan, unfortunately!

That's what I am worried about. But if there is a supercharger up to Coffs Harbour by July then I will be happy. My wife has family in that area so that will allow us to drive there, supercharge, then drive back home. :)

In the meantime, charging 3 phase at the Coffs show ground would work.

That's good to know! Thanks. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Given they will certainly have one in Brisbane, combined with their usual approach of spacing them every 150-200km, I'd say it is unlikely they'd put one in the Gold Coast at all. Hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too. The Gold Coast is a destination on its own so I hope they will see the benefit of having at least one supercharger here. Sydney has 2 superchargers relatively close to each other so I hope Tesla won't think the Gold Coast and Brisbane are too close to each other.

I hope you're wrong too. The Gold Coast is a destination on its own so I hope they will see the benefit of having at least one supercharger here. Sydney has 2 superchargers relatively close to each other so I hope Tesla won't think the Gold Coast and Brisbane are too close to each other.

I imagine there will be something near the Gold Coast, but not immediately. So long as you can get there from either Brisbane to Sydney it may not be a priority (the same as the Canberra's omission from this year wasn't that big a deal - because it wasn't 100% necessary to get to Canberra, and Canberra still benefits from the SCs on the Melbourne to Sydney route.)

Once they start increasing the density of SCs like they have in California and New Jersey, then yes it becomes an obvious location.

I imagine there will be something near the Gold Coast, but not immediately. So long as you can get there from either Brisbane to Sydney it may not be a priority (the same as the Canberra's omission from this year wasn't that big a deal - because it wasn't 100% necessary to get to Canberra, and Canberra still benefits from the SCs on the Melbourne to Sydney route.)

Once they start increasing the density of SCs like they have in California and New Jersey, then yes it becomes an obvious location.

My best guess for the Gold Coast Supercharger would be adjacent to BP Connect Chinderah. Maybe it's time for a Stickied thread on the BNE - SYD route buildup?