Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gundagai NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla should buy Olivers Gundagai, farm out the catering to someone who knows what they are doing, make it 24hr, get some more power capacity in and install 20 or 30 V3's along the front. Oh and fix the toilets / access roads as well. Easy done (!).
The access roads won't be fixed until one of the companies finally sucks it up and pays. The S%$tf*ght over who is going to pay to fix the "private" road has been going on for years

And a photo of the relocated Chargefox units now up on Plugshare.
Notably no official/fineable "No Parking" signage.

Some $$$s have been found to fix Annie Pyers Drive.

Actually needs an overpass, talk about dangerous. Probably same will get killed and then then it will be "fixed" by a local 80km/h zone. Plenty of other intersections on the Hume require overpasses, in Victoria the one at Avenal has been talked about for years, and the McKoy St intersection in Wodonga is still in the "design/thinking about it" stage. Australia has very few inter capital highways, and the progress of making them modern is just a crawl. 25 years to fix the Pacific! The Hume is full of old orginal sections used as one of the dual carriageways.

Actually needs an overpass, talk about dangerous. Probably same will get killed and then then it will be "fixed" by a local 80km/h zone. Plenty of other intersections on the Hume require overpasses, in Victoria the one at Avenal has been talked about for years, and the McKoy St intersection in Wodonga is still in the "design/thinking about it" stage.
Pretty hard to justify the costs of an overpass just to access the facilities there. The sightlines there are fine anyway.

Reactions: Quickst
Plenty of other intersections on the Hume require overpasses, in Victoria the one at Avenal has been talked about for years, and the McKoy St intersection in Wodonga is still in the "design/thinking about it" stage.

The pedant in me still gets massively triggered by VIC calling the Hume Highway the Hume “Freeway” because it isn’t. Not even close.

A ”freeway” is a divided carriageway that is free of at-grade intersections, i.e. the only egress and exit is via grade-separated ramps. That is clearly not the case for most of the Hume Highway, where there are at-grade intersections with cross-roads every few kilometres.

At least in NSW we don’t call roads “freeways” that aren’t. There is even an “end freeway” sign south of Berrima where the fully grade-separated M5 Motorway ends and the Hume Highway starts because it has at-grade intersections.

And there is nothing inconsistent with a freeway having a toll on it. The “free” does not refer to any charge to use the road, only its design.

Rant over

I am surprised it's not speed restricted to 80 or below, particularly at night Southbound where you've got cars joining into the fast lane.
The low-hanging fruit would be to remove right-turn out of the northern exit (the southern one has a considerably better merge), extend the southern exit southbound merge lane, and add permanent intersection lighting.

Reactions: Zoltrix77
The low-hanging fruit would be to remove right-turn out of the northern exit (the southern one has a considerably better merge), extend the southern exit southbound merge lane, and add permanent intersection lighting.

Or make the holiday arrangements permanent. The holiday arrangements prevent southbound using the south entrance by using lots of witches hats. It also means the right turn out of the north entrance is not allowed.
These actions prevents the "crossovers' which increase the cognitive load on the drivers.

4MW Solar farm approved 'for' Dog on the Tucker Box Service Centre location. ('for', not really, it is a separate commercial project, but the first thing off the 22KV line is the Dog on the Tucker Box Service Centre location.

1687316382963.png

1687316429729.png

1687316519127.png

'most objecting...' sigh.

The highway section there is quite straight and there is enough distance to make it relatively safe. But it requires careful and patient execution

Heading southbound on my trip to Melbourne, I deliberately did not stop at Gundagai for precisely that reason. Plenty of other places now to stop and charge on the Hume which don’t require playing chicken with 110 km/h head-on traffic.

Reactions: Maximillan
I deliberately did not stop at Gundagai for precisely that reason
There is not enough merging tarmac before it joins the highway - unless in an dual motor EV. 😄.

It can be hard to estimate traffic speed I am always very patient there when towing a horse float with a Landcruiser.
I think merging southbound is more problematic because you are merging into the right lane

Reactions: Vostok