Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gustine, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_9509.JPG
IMG_9510.JPG
IMG_9511.JPG
IMG_9512.JPG

A very nice country PG&E electrician lady was busy working in the cabinets doing her electrical work. I wished her a nice and safe day, and didn't ask any questions or talk much.

The location is behind the restaurant; as you are coming in from the street, drive to the right of the restaurant all the way past it into the back, behind the restaurant, and by the noisy I5.

I must have just missed Ulmo as I just stopped there as well, this afternoon. I chatted with the nice PG&E lady and she seemed pretty uninformed. Didn't have a clue as to when it would be "lit." I did notice that the pedestals were not numbered yet.

The parking lot was humming for a Thursday afternoon, and hope ICE'ing isn't an issue. But I will say that the stretch of I-5 from Tejon to Manteca has to be one of the most "charged" sections of interstate in the country.

Working for a municipality , if the pge rep plugged in the smart meter that is shown on the bumper of the truck, it's on Tesla to "flip the switch" from there. Everything after the meter is on the customer from that point, and they don't plug in a meter without having heat on the pge side of the meter.

Maybe, but in my experience not on PGE's side, that is when the bill starts ;). Tesla just needs to throw a switch (breakers), assuming Tesla's side of the meter is done. Every project that I have done with PGE, I've always been done and waiting for PGE to plug in the smart meter and heat up the service, they take forever to turn on service.
Does someone get a prize for being the first?

I imagine there has to be some testing between when PG&E is there and when it is operational.
Based on watching one installation firsthand, and several others online: Once things are "hot" on the electric utility side, what remains is for Tesla to send a supercharger tech to test and activate the facility. As part of that visit, the tech applies the numbered stickers to the base of each charging bollard and installs the remaining screws and screw caps on each one. If you see those stickers, it's been activated. With the current generation of superchargers, the other clue that the Tesla Bunny has visited is that the signage on the bollards will be lit.

It could be soon, hopefully, but I've seen several days elapse between utility hook-up and tech visit.