Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gustine, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So from Irvine can I do Buttonwillow and Santa Nella to San Fracisco?

Previously I did Buttonwillow, Harris Ranch and Dublin
You should be able to get to Buttonwillow with a bigger battery. From Huntington Beach in an X90D, I was able to get to Tejon with plenty left. Buttonwillow is another 35 miles or so.

Great pictures Palmer. Looks like that is the back of the lot close to the freeway. Therefore less likely to be ICE'd.

Wow I remember that growing up in the early 2000s, going to Pea Soup Andersen's was a real treat. Now anytime I drive south I'm bound to stop here.

Fun fact for people living in the Central Valley: this is one of four locations that Highway 33 crosses over/under I-5. Highway 33 is actually 325 miles long stretching from Tracy to Ventura.

I didn't realize that, thanks

I do know the piece of 33 from Ojai northwards is one of the most wonderful driving roads in California - simply a magic drive for about 50 miles
Yeah the northern portion in the Central Valley connects dozens of small towns. It's all flat and is surrounded by fields of farms/orchards in between each town. There's really not much to see there lol.

I'll have to check out the southern portion of 33 sometime, I always enjoy a good drive.

There are lots of gaps more than 100 miles, Manteca to Corning is 172. Corning to Mt Shasta is just over 100 miles. In Washington and Oregon there are a number of gaps longer than 100 miles, though I think the longest is about 130 miles.

Between Los Angeles and the Bay Area the superchargers are beginning to get spaced to a larger battery car can skip superchargers and still make the next one, but in the NW they are often a little too far apart to skip so you end up having to stop at every one. If they put superchargers halfway in between the existing ones hitting ever third one would be possible in a 90D barring weather degrading range.

Even though East of Sacramento is covered, we need a Sacramento-North Supercharger. Somewhere near I-80 and I-5 Near the old arena in Natomas. I-5 and Del Paso Road has lodging and food. It would be perfect.

Even though East of Sacramento is covered, we need a Sacramento-North Supercharger. Somewhere near I-80 and I-5 Near the old arena in Natomas. I-5 and Del Paso Road has lodging and food. It would be perfect.

I think Woodland would make the most sense, but yeah by the airport wouldn't be bad either. And something along 99 would be good too, like Oroville ish.

At Santa Nella now. No change from previous reports, the chargers have cables installed but they're still wrapped in plastic. About half the stalls are marked for charging only, while the other half allow 30 minute general parking.

There is some electrical equipment inside an enclosure but I can't get a good look at it. There are some other conduits coming out to a concrete pad. It looks like they also need to install some lighting.

Bruce.

At Santa Nella now. No change from previous reports, the chargers have cables installed but they're still wrapped in plastic. About half the stalls are marked for charging only, while the other half allow 30 minute general parking.

There is some electrical equipment inside an enclosure but I can't get a good look at it. There are some other conduits coming out to a concrete pad. It looks like they also need to install some lighting.

Bruce.
Thanks, Bruce. From your description, it sounds like this one is waiting for the electric utility to install the transformer on that concrete pad. The utility transformer is often a significant rate-limiting step.

Transformer is installed, and so are the lights. The Tesla equipment was still covered in plastic bags, but it looks like it is ready for someone to go over and unbag them and flip the switch to ON.

sec104.jpg

Bummer. I'm just glad I found this thread. This charger doesn't really effect my trip, but we are heading to Disneyland from northern California and the first leg to Manteca has me a little worried.. I wish there was a SC on 99 near Sacramento to help my range anxiety. There also should be one at HWY 20/I5 in Williams..