Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gustine, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mostly just to provide a data point, Gustine--in ideal conditions--is a total of 8 minutes and 15 seconds out of the way for northbound travelers headed over Pacheco, compared to getting off the 5 at 152. A first order analysis says that if you're charging at Harris, you're better off time wise going straight to Gilroy.

That said, Gilroy seems to be giving terrible charge rates right now--in my 60 last night I peaked at 112kw in my 60 at low SOC . I peaked at 72kw an ~hour later at Gilroy for the same SOC (I tried three pedestals on three different cabinets), which might tip the time savings back toward Gustine.

That's independent of the 'soft' benefit of getting out of harris sooner...

Reactions: Bet TSLA
I was here at Gustine yesterday, only one other car when I arrived (I think there were two when I left). Good charging on 4b (80 kW at 55% SOC). A nice place for a restroom and get-out-of-the-car break.

IMG_0105.JPG

Bruce.

This Supercharger was reported to be down as of yesterday, March 19. Can anyone who visits this Supercharger today comment on what is happening there?

If you want to continue to discuss this incident in the context of the multiple other Supercharger incidents that have occurred in California in the past five months, I've started a new thread Multiple California Supercharger locations down in past 5 months: vandalized or simple theft?

Otherwise, let's keep the comments in this Gustine Supercharger restricted to this specific location. Thanks.

I meant to post this message here:

Supercharger - Bakersfield

From that message, written at 12:59AM today March 19, 2017:
I just got to Gustine. The SC was dark. A manufacturer Tesla Model S with a Tesla worker was there locking the equipment gate. I asked what was wrong and he said a circuit breaker failed, and a part went bad.

I find it odd three are out on the same day though.

They seemed to dispatch a diagnostic person same day. That shows a willingness to fix it promptly.
(I was exhausted and barely got the post written before driving on to Gilroy S.C., and probably was too tired to notice or think I posted to the wrong thread.)

Last edited:
I really like the SuperCharger status in-car, and auto-routing around closed chargers. It really does help with these closures.

I wish that info was (officially or acceptably) propagated to EVTripPlanner.Com, EVTO app, and ABetterRoutePlanner.Com, so that our planning would work without having to take a slog into our cars to verify. @wk057 had that working and 3rd parties were starting to integrate it into their platforms, but Tesla nixed that (with a gentlemen's agreement between wk057 and his Tesla contacts).

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah
Perhaps service, however in the case of Fremont it is also end of the quarter, and the EPA just gave the green light approval for the P100 battery to ship, so perhaps there is a massive distribution of new car supercharging operation going on overnight to meet the delivery deadline demands.
"Tempory Closure" yesterday and today, 7/20-7/21. Fremont was also "Reduced Service". Are these two sites somehow linked?

But seriously, had to skip Gustine and as I drove by, saw a Technician's pickup there, with the case of one of the stands removed.

Called Tesla. They said (paraphrasing) "location has become unreliable due to ongoing issues, closed pending evaluation, chargers may still function".

Not a ringing endorsement but I'd love to skip Dublin if anyone can confirm that it's working despite being officially offline.

Bottom line, don't rely on it.

Tesla phone rep said no ETA was given.

• Informative
Reactions: thecloud and emchen
Also avoided it this weekend based on nav system's info.
This would be great to offset the long distance to/from Harris Ranch.
Especially for those of us that cannot quite make Harris Ranch from San Francisco, like when you just want to go fast, and hop from one SC to the other with minimal charging times