Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gympie QLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla FindUs map today lists Gympie as available, but the alphabetic list doesn't yet. If not an error, that would make three new sites this year including nearby Toowoomba and Camberwell in suburban Melbourne. Plus one replacement site on the north shore of Sydney.

Wow! I had a browser tab with the "findus" map open from earlier in the day, so I scrolled over to Gympie and it was grey. Refreshed the page and there it was! No-one had spotted this, it popped up out of nowhere!

Brilliant find @philupandgo!

upload_2020-4-6_18-8-4.png

upload_2020-4-6_18-8-49.png

I thought Tesla made it a condition of installing Superchargers that they're available 24/7.
A PlugShare had the unlucky experience of going to this Supercharger at 9 pm (down under time) and finding the garage closed. Can anyone post the garage hours so that I can update Supercharge Info accordingly?
E4D84ED2-3063-4A98-BA6D-D5C8B45C87A7.jpeg
3908141B-E1B8-4648-B5CD-C39D3364FA3C.jpeg

A PlugShare had the unlucky experience of going to this Supercharger at 9 pm (down under time) and finding the garage closed. Can anyone post the garage hours so that I can update Supercharge Info accordingly?

I've contacted them through Facebook messenger ... awaiting a response. There's no mention of car park hours on their website, only trading hours for the centre.

I've contacted them through Facebook messenger ... awaiting a response. There's no mention of car park hours on their website, only trading hours for the centre.
I have emailed the Plaza management and received a reply that they are looking at other options regarding 24/7 access. Presently the carpark is closed from 9pm until 7am.

I used this site over the weekend during normal business hours.
Four stalls. One other user for the first few minutes of charging.
Started at 115kW and fell smoothly to 47kW, 18 minutes, 21 kWh, 55% to 83% of Long Range battery.

I understand from PlugShare that the gate keypad code for out-of-hours access is TESLA (83752)

As for the Gympie floods, the large building in the centre of the image linked above is not Goldfields Plaza but Drakes Supa IGA (which is wisely elevated).
Goldfields is centre on the far left of the image. Thankfully, the Supercharger site stayed above the flood level (not flooded in living memory).