Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hadley, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

minderbinder

Supporting Member
Oct 19, 2015
Concord, MA
Well, this one is a surprise: permit for 12 supercharger stalls in Hadley. Supercharge.info added a blue dot today, but the location is weird so I googled it. Sure enough, the local paper has the quote from the Tesla rep - 12 stalls at a new gas station. They even got all the info right!

Based on the newspaper story the address in supercharge.info isn’t right. The real location is closer to the 91 exit ramp. Still seems funny given the proximity to Springfield, but I guess it gives more capacity for travelers on 91, and saves you a detour if you’re going from the Pike to 91 north. The more the merrier!

I live in Northampton and work in Amherst so I pass the site every day. Here's the current construction status.

IMG_0358.jpg

Reactions: chjch and EdA
There are a bunch of Superchargers in Pennsylvania at Sheets gas stations and convenience stores, and I know at least one is at a Wawa. from the photo, this is a large convenience store, so it fits that same model. Those stores only make a tiny profit on gas, so they're happy with anything that brings people into the stores.

Is there any sign of actual Tesla construction, or is it just general construction of the gas station and convenience store? Usually one of the first signs of Supercharger construction is the chargers arriving in wooden crates.

Interesting to see the superchargers being placed closer together. The soon-to-be-opened one in Hartford near I-84/I-291 is only a dozen or so miles from the established supercharger in West Hartford. This one is a bit farther from the established one in West Springfield.

I like it.

Both hear and Hartford have the chargers on opposite sides of major interchanges. When driving from Boston to NJ, the West Hartford charger isn't on the way, but the new one is perfect. When going north on 91 from the Pike, this charger will be great. I believe Tesla's strategy is to have them closer than 100 miles so that you can skip one if needed. There's also the issue of capacity, in that some of the existing stations don't have enough spaces, especially given the number and distribution of Model 3 reservations.

I live in Northampton and work in Amherst so I pass the site every day. Here's the current construction status.

View attachment 265514

If you can, next time you go by I would look for evidence of excavation to the right and left sides of the building. Suspect that will be the placement

There are a bunch of Superchargers in Pennsylvania at Sheets gas stations and convenience stores, and I know at least one is at a Wawa. from the photo, this is a large convenience store, so it fits that same model. Those stores only make a tiny profit on gas, so they're happy with anything that brings people into the stores.

Yes, WAWA in PA/DE seems to be partnering. There is one near the Delaware beaches in Rehoboth complete, just waiting to be turned on, at a WAWA there.

As much as I am excited about more superchargers rolling out near me, I would prefer they avoided gas stations. Fumes from gas stations are not pleasant nor good for anyone. It's one thing to be exposed to those fumes for less than 5 minutes to fill a tank, it's another to inhale them for over 20 minutes. One of the great benefits of driving electric is the ability to steer clear of these fumee gas stations.

Had to fill my snow blower with gasoline yesterday. I have one of those "no-spill" cans which amazes me because it leaked all over the snowblower and my hand. I bought a new one tonight. Can't wait
until there is a BEEFY electric snowblower...

Reactions: chjch
As to snow blowers, I'm waiting for a good one, too. There are several companies, and the first one to have a good snow blower will also sell me their lawn mower that uses the same battery, and probably several other compatible tools. Most of the battery snow blowers are single-stage, which won't cut through the end of a plowed-in driveway even if the snow is otherwise not too deep. Snow Joe has a two-stage blower that looks promising, but the reviews on Amazon indicate that they have reliability problems. In a year or two they should have those worked through, and the other lines should have two-stage blowers to compete, and then I'll be able to ditch gas entirely.

As to snow blowers, I'm waiting for a good one, too. There are several companies, and the first one to have a good snow blower will also sell me their lawn mower that uses the same battery, and probably several other compatible tools. Most of the battery snow blowers are single-stage, which won't cut through the end of a plowed-in driveway even if the snow is otherwise not too deep. Snow Joe has a two-stage blower that looks promising, but the reviews on Amazon indicate that they have reliability problems. In a year or two they should have those worked through, and the other lines should have two-stage blowers to compete, and then I'll be able to ditch gas entirely.

I've been happy with the EGo brand that Home Depot sells. I have the lawnmower and weed whacker. They both outperformed my expectations.

I would have liked to have the snow blower this past weekend, but it was back ordered.

The batteries are interchangeable, so I can buy the snowblower with no batteries and save about $100.