Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hadley, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From West Springfield, it's only 15-20 miles to South Hadley, MA, and there are four more superchargers within 30-35 (Lee & Mt Auburn MA, West Hartford & Manchester CT). And that doesn't include those the Boston/Cape Cod area.
The South Hadley site looks like a combination large convenience store / gas station. Not much in the way of amenities

Took some pictures at the supercharger today.

IMG_0679.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg
IMG_0681.jpg

Chargers are certainly working, but the convenience store is still not open...
Gas pumps are in, so perhaps that's a bit of progress. I'd prefer if they got the bathrooms ready instead
Not much change from this report. Cones block the main entrance to the pumps; the store looks empty. A red S was charging when I drove by, but I decided to charge in West Springfield where there were bathrooms.

I was at this location on Saturday 5Jan 2019. The store is open and has a back entrance to make it easy to get inside. There is a small cafe of some type inside, and a liquor section also.

It was completely empty except for me, except for the asshat pickup truck who backed into to a charging spot and one of the idiots got out, walked around to the front of the store, and then came back and they sat there. Must be some sort of drug buy or something like that. Since it was empty and 9PM at night, I really did not feel that it would be in my best interest to confront them. Perhaps they were looking for a confrontation of some type.

Reactions: Dan_A
Apparently the ICE pickup problem in Hadley is part of a growing trend. On the Tesla Owners Northeast Facebook page, on January 1 there's pickup photos and discussion specific to Hadley. Guessing this might be more of a western MA issue. Although he's probably not much of a fan of EVs, invoking Howie Carr might get some notice, "how many more must die, Mr. Speaker!"
4 Cases Of Tesla ICE-ing By Pickup Trucks - Motor Illustrated