Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Halifax, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
On the Garner, NC thread @DarkNightP3D posted

Supercharger - Garner, NC

Dude said:
This is the location they claimed would be the new “Roanoke Rapids” supercharger, but he said it’s actually in Halifax at this Dunkin’.

Dunkin' · 10401 NC-903, Halifax, NC 27839

If they do put one there, they could also still squeeze one in at Emporia, VA (Highway 58) which is where EA has their charging station. They would be about 25 miles apart. On I-95, that doesn’t seem too close together at all, especially considering 58 also serves as a major east-west highway for people traveling in Southern VA to/from Norfolk-VA Beach.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 1,193
  • pic2.jpg.png
    pic2.jpg.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 224
LMAO, I was just searching around the map in the Roanoke Rapids/Emporia/Rt 95 corridor this morning for a potential next place (sheetz, SCNB, etc). Wasted 15 minutes doing that since this just popped up this afternoon. 😂 I think I am a Tesla SuC nerd 🤓

Seems like a really good spot, right off I-95 and fills in a pretty decent size gap between NC and VA to help spread the load/efficiency of charging at a lower SoC. Makes me wonder if this is the "Roanoke Rapids" planned location or something else that just popped up? I would assume its the "Roanoke Rapids" location since it would be VERY close if there was an additional one being installed there.

Reactions: CyberMatt
Looks like a 12 stall going off FB group, grabbed screenshot and pic

We already had a thread for this location, but I like your thread title better since it has the 'correct' formatting 😘

Wow, this is one of the superchargers that we have been waiting for on our annual trip down the I-81 and I-95. No more Rocky Mount, being paired up at a V2. And a Dunking Donut right there!

Next on the list Emporia VA and Frackville PA for V3s?
At this location there is also 2 Charge Point stations. It’s funny because I usually sit in this parking lot during my lunch break instead of sitting in my work parking lot.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
We make the drive a few times a year from Northern VA to Southport, NC to visit my in-laws. The kids love stopping at Oasis, which they call "the animal gas station," for snacks. It's also right at then end of my range (when traveling at the typical I-95 speeds) where I would need a charge coming from either direction. The one problem is we usually are taking so much crap with us that we are in the wife's SUV and not in my car. Maybe that will change since the M3P I'm taking delivery of on Wednesday has a bigger trunk than my old WRX and a frunk.

Last edited:
Halifax, NC

Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Petersburg - Wagner Rd, VA - 63.8 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Chester, VA - 77.4 miles

A new V3 Supercharger that splits the 94.9 mile gap between Rocky Mount, NC (V2) and Petersburg, VA (V3).
This will reduce the largest gap on I-95 to the 76.5 mile gap from Augusta, ME to Brewer, ME.

@corywright @Chuq
The link to "discuss" this on supercharger.info points to the old/duplicated page and the link doesn't work to get to this thread. Can the link be updated to point here?

Looks like this site is REALLY close to opening! It doesn't show on the app yet (just verified myself), but they removed the cones and it looks like is going to be offical very soon per this FB group post:

1632333419050.png