Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Halifax, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Open

4B4B5CCF-A160-448B-87D9-D07C7BD1FB78.jpeg

Just charged here today. Pretty nice spot (v3 chargers and 12 available stalls make this location have good charging throughput) with there being plenty of room to park and not really in the way of gas pumps or through traffic. There are trashcans and windshield squeegees at the chargers and a large grass field with dog poop bags and a trash can.

Not many food options as the inside normal gas station selection did not seem well stocked and there was an empty/out of buisiness cafe spot available inside the gas station adjacent to the Dunkin Donuts inside (which was open and seemed popular). Bathrooms were ok, not great. There were chairs and tables to eat at inside and outside so if you brought your own snacks/food you would be alright. v3 chargers and 12 available stalls make this location have good charging throughput.

1650846986528.jpeg

Buckle up kiddies, stopped here on Monday and saw some electrical equipment and today I came back and they are installing another 8 right next to the existing.

The guys working said they were putting these in temporary and keeping the existing ones. Next they are building a large install in the field next door.

Very interesting, wonder if the new field will include the Magic Dock?

Also out of all the functional SC's here the one Chargepoint with just 2 connectors is Unavailable.

Exciting times for Tesla Owners, not so much for other EVs.
20230510_123010.jpg

20230510_123026.jpg

20230508_145953.jpg

Buckle up kiddies, stopped here on Monday and saw some electrical equipment and today I came back and they are installing another 8 right next to the existing.

The guys working said they were putting these in temporary and keeping the existing ones. Next they are building a large install in the field next door.
Those additional 8 units look like they are in the ground so I doubt they are temporary since Tesla very rarely digs up old SuC pedestals. Maybe he was just confused since they are the pre-fab SuC units and easy to install.

It would be cool if this site turns into one of those mega 40+ stall locations since it is right off 95. If only there was a Buc-ee's there instead of the Jungle Mart :cool:

Those additional 8 units look like they are in the ground so I doubt they are temporary since Tesla very rarely digs up old SuC pedestals. Maybe he was just confused since they are the pre-fab SuC units and easy to install.

It would be cool if this site turns into one of those mega 40+ stall locations since it is right off 95. If only there was a Buc-ee's there instead of the Jungle Mart :cool:
The food selection at this joint needs to increase for sure!

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec