Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Hamburg supercharger wasn't showing on the map in my Model Y a few days ago but it does show up now, so I think they "added" it to the active database within the past few days.
That is correct they just added it to the Tesla database as open:

1643663405389.png

I have now used this site on around 5 roundtrips from NJ to Harrisburg and it is the perfect location for me. Yesterday, I stopped and went into Wawa to use the bathroom, grab a coffee and some road food. I was there about 15 mins and left around 81% (i did not bother to note exact numbers). I ran errands in Harrisburg and, on the way home I was showing I would arrive home at 17%. To give a buffer to allow me to drive a bit more spirited, and should I need to run quick errands before heading home., I stopped maybe 5 mins to boost to 61%. Made it home at about 28%. I probably could have skipped the boost on the way home but it added a bit confidence and I was not in a rush.

I have not experienced any ICEing activity here - which is good. It also appears that I see more folks charging on each visit. It could be that more folks are travelling in warmer season or more Teslas being on the road. Either way, the site is a great convenience for my travels and I am pleased to see it utilized.

Reactions: Mengy and juliusa
I was up in Hamburg this week mountain biking and I stopped by the Wawa to get a snack afterwards. I didn't need to charge but there were two M3's, a MY, an an X all charging there, no slots were ICE'd. Whenever I glance on the map it seems like this site is getting a lot of use as it's often half full or more.

I'd use it often if I didn't live so dang close! :D

Reactions: MrWattson
Pottsville is pretty close to Hamburg, but an SC at the intersection of 81 & 61 would be nice, in Frackville.

I want an SC up along Route 6, between Coudersport and Warren. I love riding my motorcycle on scenic Rt 6 along the top of PA but it's really hard to drive a Tesla along that same route due to the lack of SC's in the area.

Pottsville is pretty close to Hamburg, but an SC at the intersection of 81 & 61 would be nice, in Frackville.

I want an SC up along Route 6, between Coudersport and Warren. I love riding my motorcycle on scenic Rt 6 along the top of PA but it's really hard to drive a Tesla along that same route due to the lack of SC's in the area.

Frackville or Pine Grove would work on 81. PG might actually be a better option, more food choices.

As for Pottsville, it isn't all that close to Hamburg, given all the lights on 61. It's probably a 30 minute drive at this point most of the time during the day...maybe a little quicker at night, but that invites a whole host of other potential issues (most notably deer avoidance). When I drive our Model 3 (and hopefully soon Model Y) home for extended periods, it's a real chore keeping it charged. Family we stay with lets us trickle charge overnight, but that only goes so far given that Pottsville is in the middle of nowhere.

Difficult but not impossible. I drove my M3 across most of Rt 6 using the supercharger in Erie and slow charging at Kinzua state park. This was before there was a supercharger in Mansfield which makes it even easier. I too would love to see a supercharger at the Sheetz in Port Allegheny.

Any dinner options walkable from here?

there are a bunch of options but they're all a decent walk.

McDonald's, Logan's Roadhouse, Red Robin, Cabela's, Subway (inside Walmart), Five Guys, and a few others on the west side of 61 (same side as Wawa).

there's also Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell and Long John Silver's on the other side of 61, but I'm not sure if there's a crosswalk there.

also, Wawa has decent food if you don't feel like walking anywhere.

Reactions: bhzmark