Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i miss the days of hour long super charging. when a man could sit down, eat a meal, freshen up, and be on our way.

EVs these days charge too fast. you kids don't know what you got.

I have a friend who has owned a Model S since 2016. He's driven it all over the US, been coast to coast many times, and he always says the time spent at superchargers goes too fast for him sometimes. He will park, plug in, go get something to eat and use the bathroom or sightsee a bit, and the car is done and ready to go before he is most of the time.

It's not a bad problem to have! :cool:

That’s now listed as “Denver, PA” but based on the locations some of the pins are being placed, it seems that the turnpike is getting some Superchargers finally...

I heard from Turnpike commission, Tesla will be putting superchargers in on the Northeast Extension both at the Allentown Service plaza and the Hickory Run service plazas. Didnt provide timetable but nice to hear they are doing even more..

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
I heard from Turnpike commission, Tesla will be putting superchargers in on the Northeast Extension both at the Allentown Service plaza and the Hickory Run service plazas. Didnt provide timetable but nice to hear they are doing even more..

Construction underway at Peter J. Camiel service plaza. Looks like there will be 7 service service plazas with superchargers in total: Allentown, Hickory Run, Peter J Camiel, Bowmansville, Somerset, Verona, and New Stanton.

Construction of something has started in the back of the Hamburg Wawa, I was just up there on 3-19-21. Couldn't see anything labeled Tesla but they have it barricaded off and lots of equipment sitting there.
Construction appears unrelated to Tesla. Building being expanded southward. Observed none of the signature supercharger bits.
I still think the chargers are going behind the Wawa, in what is now the grassy area between the Wawa and the Lowes. Maybe this construction is stage one of expanding the lot to install the chargers back there afterwards?

In their discussion of the supercharger, the planning commission meeting minutes which are linked in the opening post say this:
Last year a Land Development Plan for this site was approved that depicted a building addition off the rear of the existing building. In conjunction with that building addition, a loading zone was proposed behind the building consisting of yellow striping on the pavement with “Delivery Vehicles Only” signs at each end. Five (5) of the eight (8) proposed associate parking stalls shown on this Plan [i.e. for the supercharger, ed.] encroach into the yellow striping and beyond one of the signs shown on the approved Plan. In fact, the sign is located within the middle of one of the proposed spaces. This Plan should be revised to incorporate the proposed site improvements from the Building Addition Land Development in this area.
So, it does look like there is an expected addition to the Wawa building that was to be in the direction of the proposed superchargers and had already been through planning approval. I wouldn't expect construction on the superchargers to start at least until the new structure is close to finished.

Sorry to hear that. I drove past about 3-4 weeks when under construction. This would be a better charge location than Allentown for me when visiting my son in Harrisburg. I had planned to swing past on my way to Harrisburg this weekend to check on progress...but guess no need yet.