Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton Township, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the gauge of the wiring inside the superchargers, I highly doubt any extension cord would actually be possible. They use very very heavy gauge wire up to the top of the stall, then they use slightly lighter (but still heavy) wire for the visible cable and connector. I'm sure any additional distance would increase the resistance beyond safe limits.

Looking at the gauge of the wiring inside the superchargers, I highly doubt any extension cord would actually be possible. They use very very heavy gauge wire up to the top of the stall, then they use slightly lighter (but still heavy) wire for the visible cable and connector. I'm sure any additional distance would increase the resistance beyond safe limits.

I don't think getting wire big enough is the problem; the real problem is getting female connectors at all and male connectors with contact ratings that go up to 333 Amps. I think that those searches will be very futile, to put it mildly.

SC Extension Cord

> connectors with contact ratings that go up to 333 Amps. [Cottonwood]

It would have to be Tesla issue thus they could max it @200A without causing that much of a slowdown. Similar perhaps to being on a shared SC. Good for a dead ICE/MS taking up your slot. The perfect passive aggressive solution!

If the cost was similar to the Chademo Adapter, I just might spring for it instead.
--

Copied from the email:

Join Us for the Grand Opening of Our 100th Supercharger in Hamilton Township, NJ!
Hamilton Township Supercharger
425 Market Place Blvd, Hamilton Township, NJ 08691
Tuesday, April 22nd at 10am
We are excited to announce our 100th Supercharger worldwide and our first Supercharger in New Jersey! The Hamilton Township Supercharger will be opening on Tuesday. To commemorate this important milestone for Tesla and our New Jersey community, we would like to invite you, your family and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony and celebrate with Tesla corporate staff.

Details
Please submit your RSVP if you would like to attend and let us know how many guests you will bring. Due to the
expected volume of Model S owners, there may be a wait for charging. Please plan accordingly.

Due to the expected volume of Model S owners, there may be a wait for charging. Please plan accordingly.

Given what I saw at the first Colorado Supercharger at Silverthorne, if you want to be connected to a pedestal during the ceremony, I would try to there 30 minutes to an hour early. Most of the RSVP request stuff is so that they have enough goodies (coffee, cookies, etc) at the event.

Have fun!

How do you get invites? Is it based on ZIP code? Or NJ-only? This is about 15-20 miles from my home in Bucks County, PA, but I didn't get an invite. I am picking up my car on Tuesday afternoon, though, so maybe they're only inviting more established owners rather than pending owners (even though the car is fully paid for and they have all my money AND my car)...

How do you get invites? Is it based on ZIP code? Or NJ-only? This is about 15-20 miles from my home in Bucks County, PA, but I didn't get an invite. I am picking up my car on Tuesday afternoon, though, so maybe they're only inviting more established owners rather than pending owners (even though the car is fully paid for and they have all my money AND my car)...

Tesla is not well organized when it comes to these things. Same happened to me when the closest Supercharger was opened last summer, a couple of months after I took possession of my car.
It's just the interns sending out the emails it seems...