Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If these are "ongoing and active" has anyone seen spotted these anywhere??? Send a search party!

(I don't want to derail the thread, but will just share some thoughts. The Hamilton one would be a nice-to-have as it's a gateway to a few different paths. Of course with Woodstock and Grimsby it's not really necessary. Especially ranked against the need for Ottawa. But I'm not going to complain! The more the merrier! Really love the progress the last month!)
@SmartElectric do you know anything about the location?

Hi, if anyone has time on a road trip, or on free time, can they check out these potential locations for the Hamilton Supercharger:
  • Mapleview Shopping Centre
  • Meadowlands Square outlet mall
  • (as a last resort): Burlington Mall

Mapleview and Burlington Mall aren't in Hamilton and aren't even in the some municipal jurisdiction as they are in the region of Halton. That being said, Mapleview would be a good location as it is near a major junction of Hwys QEW, 403 and 407. There was supposed to be a Hamilton site a few years ago but that seemed to turn into the Grimsby location.

Mapleview is a good location for long distance travelers but less useful as an urban SC.

I'll check Mapleview Mall tomorrow evening...but technically, it's not in Hamilton. Meadowlands is in Ancaster, but practically Hamilton. It's a big open parking lot, so I'd be surprised if it's there and no one has spotted activity yet.

At least Ancaster is technically in Hamilton since the big amalgamations took place. But it isn't very centrally located, and if you are coming from the city you have the "mountain" to climb so you will be eating a few kWhs getting up the hill.

Reactions: vandacca
I'll check Mapleview Mall tomorrow evening...but technically, it's not in Hamilton. Meadowlands is in Ancaster, but practically Hamilton. It's a big open parking lot, so I'd be surprised if it's there and no one has spotted activity yet.
Drove around the Mapleview parking lot twice. Didn't see any activity. I did see 1 very large dumpster at the farthest end, but nothing else next to it.

At least Ancaster is technically in Hamilton since the big amalgamations took place. But it isn't very centrally located, and if you are coming from the city you have the "mountain" to climb so you will be eating a few kWhs getting up the hill.
If you want to save a few kilowatts, just park your car at the bottom of the “mountain” and walk up!

Model 3 Owners Club tweeted a photo last night -- Supercharger crates spotted at Lime Ridge Mall in Hamilton. Looks like the Tesla + CF theory continues to hold true.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171121-071448.png
    Screenshot_20171121-071448.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
This location is only 28km from the Grimsby Supercharger, or 63km from the station under construction in Etobicoke. It will be an unnecessary stop for most cruising along the 403 or Queen Elizabeth Way, but it does add some much needed redundancy, and more options for those living in the Hamilton area.