Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
beyond the edit window, so new post.
Just looked at the find us page on Tesla, they have a site with a recently approved permit (Georgetown) with Q2 2023 and a site with current construction (Temple) with Q1 2023.
I'm rather sadly thinking that going by those examples, if Hamilton really is at 1004 East Main Street, it doesn't seem hopeful that its still Q1 when it doesn't have a permit or even a dig notice yet.
:(

Hamilton, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: CEFCO Convenience Store
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-281
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-281

To: Grand Island, NE (v2) - 757.1 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Jamestown, ND - 1211.7 miles

US-281 in Texas, as well as TX-36. Quite a way to go to complete US-281 though. ;) Stephenville, TX and Jacksboro, TX would be 2 other possible locations on US-281 in Texas that are intersections of 2 or more US Numbered Highways.

2nd CEFCO location (after Giddings, TX). As far as I can tell, CEFCO owns its locations (it sold 50 in June 2022). So, there's some potential for more.
There is a CEFCO in Stephenville, TX, a bit farther north on US-281.
Also, there's also a CEFCO in Brownwood, TX which I have as a custom location on Supercharge.info so may have been included in Tesla's Supercharger voting.

Does anyone know what this permit means? Does it show that Tesla has applied for the permit or does it mean Tesla has received the permit? If applied, how long does it take to be approved?
This is just one of the myriad of permits needed, "usually" if they get this far they will have already got the needed permits from the city etc.
So this is a good sign and "usually" means construction could start soon.
Usually :D

The upside for this location is that anyone driving up 281 will be able to report on progress.
May the Q1 guess from Tesla could be accurate...

This is just one of the myriad of permits needed, "usually" if they get this far they will have already got the needed permits from the city etc.
So this is a good sign and "usually" means construction could start soon.
Usually :D

The upside for this location is that anyone driving up 281 will be able to report on progress.
May the Q1 guess from Tesla could be accurate...
I should be going by that location later this week. Probably won't be any activity this early on but if there is, I'll check back in here.

The TDLR permit has an unusually short window: 3/15/23 - 4/15/23. I suppose that either means they've got their plan nailed down or somebody accidentally typed in the wrong year on the end date. I hope it's the former. If there's any location that should not have to wait long on the power company it's this one. Hamilton County Electric Co-op is literally next door. In Google's street view, you can see transformers sitting in the co-op's equipment yard just across the street.

The TDLR permit has an unusually short window: 3/15/23 - 4/15/23. I suppose that either means they've got their plan nailed down or somebody accidentally typed in the wrong year on the end date. I hope it's the former. If there's any location that should not have to wait long on the power company it's this one. Hamilton County Electric Co-op is literally next door. In Google's street view, you can see transformers sitting in the co-op's equipment yard just across the street.
What happens if they don’t get the project done in that time window? Will they need to apply for another permit?

Jeez. . . I wish I had noticed the existence of this thread since August, apparently. I just heard from another Tesla owner here in Hamilton today that we'll be getting a Supercharger station at the Cefco store on US 281, and I rushed over to break the amazing news, only to find three pages of discussion about it.

I was told the forms have all been submitted and appear to be in good order.

Here's something to ponder. . . The highway department are in the planning stages for a much-needed loop, or bypass, around Hamilton. So, the Cefco-and-Supercharger location will be bypassed too. I wonder how that'll work out?

Jeez. . . I wish I had noticed the existence of this thread since August, apparently. I just heard from another Tesla owner here in Hamilton today that we'll be getting a Supercharger station at the Cefco store on US 281, and I rushed over to break the amazing news, only to find three pages of discussion about it.

I was told the forms have all been submitted and appear to be in good order.

Here's something to ponder. . . The highway department are in the planning stages for a much-needed loop, or bypass, around Hamilton. So, the Cefco-and-Supercharger location will be bypassed too. I wonder how that'll work out?

Yeah, Tesla posted the Hamiliton site as "coming soon" location on their "Find Us" page several months ago. The community here stays on top of Supercharger news, particularly when the sites show up on Tesla's page and when permits are filed with TDLR (which sometimes happens without a "coming soon" entry on Tesla's site beforehand). I'm glad we have someone local in Hamilton that can check on its construction status when it starts. It's construction status on supercharge.info is derived from posts on this forum.

A bypass probably won't be too bad unless it bypasses WAY around town. Having to exit off the highway and drive a mile or two isn't terrible.

Reactions: Electroman