Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elwood, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Found a resolution from the South Jersey Turnpike Authority authorizing an agreement between the Authority and Tesla to install 8 Superchargers at the Frank S. Farley Service Area on the Atlantic City Expressway. From what I understood though, it doesn't look like Tesla was the requestor in this situation, which may be why there is no pin in Hammonton for this year (??). Should it be added to Supercharge Info?

@mociaf9

Frank S. Farley.jpg

The resolution says, "...Tesla desires to enter into a License Agreement with the Authority to install and operate eight (8) Supercharger Stations at the Frank S. Farley Service Plaza at Milepost 21.3 on the Atlantic City Espressway...." I imagine they aren't just supposing that fact and have had actual conversations with someone on the supercharger team from Tesla. Based only on the info there, it looks no different from Tesla's plans with the other NJ turnpike authority. So, I would say, no harm in placing a blue dot.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP
The resolution says, "...Tesla desires to enter into a License Agreement with the Authority to install and operate eight (8) Supercharger Stations at the Frank S. Farley Service Plaza at Milepost 21.3 on the Atlantic City Espressway...." I imagine they aren't just supposing that fact and have had actual conversations with someone on the supercharger team from Tesla. Based only on the info there, it looks no different from Tesla's plans with the other NJ turnpike authority. So, I would say, no harm in placing a blue dot.
Oops! Guess I didn't see that. Thanks

Also, here is the file link: https://www.sjta.com/sjta/publish/library/Public_Notices/April 15, 2020 Board Agendav.1.pdf

Here's the minutes of the meeting: https://www.sjta.com/sjta/publish/l...April 15, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes.post.pdf

They didn't talk about it beyond a single question about whether the construction work will be bid out publicly or self-completed by Tesla. But at least the minutes confirm that the proposed resolution passed, so it should be in work.

I wonder why Tesla didn't add it to their map. Maybe they don't expect to build it until 2023? For the new superchargers on the NJ Turnpike, it's been almost a year since the agreement was announced and only half of the locations have started construction yet, even though they are all on Tesla's map with a Q1 date. How much of that 11 months may have been due to any delays from COVID aren't clear.

I was there Aug 16/17 and saw no evidence of chargers. It would be a great place for me. But there are two reasonable close. One where the AE & Prkwy meet (never been there) and the other a bit further but convenient for wildwood in Cape May Courthouse. Used that one on 8/17. Three stations were down but a tech was there working on them.

that would be great. I almost but not quite make the round trip to my sister's in RIo Grande on a full charge and generally stop there anyway for a rest stop. Could probably start at 90 and charge either going or coming back.

Can you go to the other side? I know you can't on the Turnpike service areas but I think you can drive from east to west and vice-versa on the ACE

That will be good. Cape May Courthouse works for me, but I usually take the ACE to my sister's and stop at Farley anyway. A quick pee stop and maybe a coffee is probably just right for the extra charge I need for the round trip.

Can you go to the other side? I know you can't on the Turnpike service areas but I think you can drive from east to west and vice-versa on the ACE

That will be good. Cape May Courthouse works for me, but I usually take the ACE to my sister's and stop at Farley anyway. A quick pee stop and maybe a coffee is probably just right for the extra charge I need for the round trip.
It's more like the GSP. One rest area for both sides.