Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hannibal, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid the $450 for the Chademo and I am happy to report I can make in SR+ from O'Fallon, MO to Coralville, IA supercharger with a 20 minute stop at either Ayerco in Bowling Green, MO or the one in Canton, MO. AmerenUE has two Chademo chargers along side the J1772 at each location and I charged at 50kw. I can now dropoff/pickup daughter at college now with no issue.

mach5, good to know. Depending on the current covid conditions I will be making a run on that corridor in the next month or two. I also got the Chademo adapter and have been using it at the Sullivan, MO EA charge station as needed while bouncing between Crawford County and STL County. Definitely slower to charge, but opening up a few limited corridors is nice. My next problem corridor to figure things out is STL to Louisville, Kentucky. Currently, with a M3SR+, you need to either go very slow, or bang the corner in Indy.

mach5, good to know. Depending on the current covid conditions I will be making a run on that corridor in the next month or two. I also got the Chademo adapter and have been using it at the Sullivan, MO EA charge station as needed while bouncing between Crawford County and STL County. Definitely slower to charge, but opening up a few limited corridors is nice. My next problem corridor to figure things out is STL to Louisville, Kentucky. Currently, with a M3SR+, you need to either go very slow, or bang the corner in Indy.

I didn't follow "bang the corner in Indy". I'm curious what that means?

I agree we need this. I am making the drive next week from St. Charles to Iowa City to pick up my daughter from college. I have a SR+ so I cannot make it. I will be stopping for an hour at Wakonda State park for an hour charge at an RV hookup. Not ideal. Thanks for checking on the construction.

May I ask how charging at an RV park works for us Tesla owners? Ironically, we also own a large 5th wheel camper so I am familiar with making reservations and actually camping at a site. Our camper has a 50A connection. I just wondered if they treated you (and charged you) as if you were camping there? Thanks!

May I ask how charging at an RV park works for us Tesla owners? Ironically, we also own a large 5th wheel camper so I am familiar with making reservations and actually camping at a site. Our camper has a 50A connection. I just wondered if they treated you (and charged you) as if you were camping there? Thanks!

It really depends on each individual operator. Some are very happy to help, and some don't want you charging at all. Some will let you charge for a couple hours for an hourly fee, and some want a full nights fee. A good tool to use is PlugShare. Enable the 14-50 ("50 amp" in RV lingo) plug filter. Then look for the RV park you are interested in, and read the details and reviews.

So much for 2020. Unless it is built but they haven't updated their charging locations website? You would think for a technology company they could have their map automatically update when it is past 2020 and it still says "coming soon" and "target opening in 2020".

Reactions: tstolze
So much for 2020. Unless it is built but they haven't updated their charging locations website? You would think for a technology company they could have their map automatically update when it is past 2020 and it still says "coming soon" and "target opening in 2020".

No worries, within a few weeks into 2021, all the "coming in 2020" notations will be incremented by a year. :)

And then most of them in another year, by another year.

The really useful source for upcoming Superchargers is www.supercharge.info, and when a permit is spotted, a Supercharger usually starts construction within 1 to 10 months.

Reactions: Guy V
No worries, within a few weeks into 2021, all the "coming in 2020" notations will be incremented by a year. :)

And then most of them in another year, by another year.

The really useful source for upcoming Superchargers is www.supercharge.info, and when a permit is spotted, a Supercharger usually starts construction within 1 to 10 months.

Recognize that the permit status in supercharge.info just means someone has spotted something that seems to define a location. That might be a mention in a zoning or council meeting, but does not mean that a building permit has actually been issued. I'd recall one in Texas at one point that showed in the "permit" status on supercharge.info for over two years at one point. Sioux City Iowa is currently showing at over 500 days in the permit stage. So while I agree that supercharge.info is a great source of info, I wouldn't be holding my breath on any location just because it's shown in the permit stage.

I can already make my trip from my house to Southeast Iowa, but the Hannibal Supercharger will allow me to set a comfortable cabin temperature even on the coldest winter drive. It's about 240 miles and I've done the drive before with the temperature in the teens. Mostly for my wife, I enjoy "roughing it". A 5 minute charge at 100kW should be plenty to easily make it.

COMING SOON!!

I still wouldn't be holding my breath expecting it to actually open in Q2 based solely on Tesla's site showing that date on their site. Grated, showing Q2 '21 is better than no date or a date in 2022 like some are shown, but there are many locations that have seen dates posted, only to be revised by multiple years. A great example is the one near Evansville, IN to fill in the gap on I-64 between Mt. Vernon IL and Louisville. I think that's been on the map since 2017 and still no sign of any site selection/permit being issued, let alone construction.

Just joined the Tesla family by picking up a Model Y on Monday. We drive from home (St. Louis) up to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids to visit family a couple times a year, so can't wait for Hannibal to come on online. The car claims it can make it but have to go 55 mph the whole way....nope. Will drive the Grand Cherokee up there until either Hannibal or the Mt. Pleasant charger open up.

Reactions: tstolze
Just joined the Tesla family by picking up a Model Y on Monday. We drive from home (St. Louis) up to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids to visit family a couple times a year, so can't wait for Hannibal to come on online. The car claims it can make it but have to go 55 mph the whole way....nope. Will drive the Grand Cherokee up there until either Hannibal or the Mt. Pleasant charger open up.
Checkout some of the other charging options like Plugshare and Chargepoint, although slower than Superchargers, you are only looking to add a few miles to get to your destination, believe there are several options between the STL region and the MO/IA border.
If you are not comfortable doing some of the calculations, check out A Better Route Planner, just verify all the details the best you can when using it.

• Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV

I make a longer trip to St. Louis along the same route a couple of times per year in my 2013 S. I often leave from work on a Friday and stay overnight at the Town and Country Inn and Suites in Quincy where we can charge about 30 mph. You might consider where you can stop to charge during a meal or something that would allow you to charge at 30 mph to make it to the Coralville charger.

I paid the $450 for the Chademo and I am happy to report I can make in SR+ from O'Fallon, MO to Coralville, IA supercharger with a 20 minute stop at either Ayerco in Bowling Green, MO or the one in Canton, MO. AmerenUE has two Chademo chargers along side the J1772 at each location and I charged at 50kw. I can now dropoff/pickup daughter at college now with no issue.
I am thinking about making the trip to St. Louis from Cedar Rapids next weekend. I have a chademo adapter. When I look at ChargePoint network in Canton Mo it just shows the j1772. Is the chademo 50 KWh on a different network or is the app not correct?

I am thinking about making the trip to St. Louis from Cedar Rapids next weekend. I have a chademo adapter. When I look at ChargePoint network in Canton Mo it just shows the j1772. Is the chademo 50 KWh on a different network or is the app not correct?
No, it's there and is a Chargepoint station. You probably have your filters set in a way that prevents the station from showing up in your search. Double check to make sure the app will show you DC-CHAdeMO locations.