Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hannibal, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Fast progress! I'll be driving up there in the next few weeks. There is hope that it will be finished by then!

Hopefully the STL Tesla group does a road trip up there to christen the site.
Yeah we have a trip planned to Iowa City the weekend of May 22nd-23rd from St. Louis. I think we are probably at the mercy of getting the authorities to bless it and getting it turned on. This site went from nothing to this in less than a couple weeks. Impressive.

I drove through this weekend. On Friday an electrical contractor was working on wiring. I asked if he knew when it would be complete and he said that was up to Tesla. He didn't seem particularly interested in talking to me. It looks really close though. I am sure it will be done next time I have to make the drive. The charge point chademo in Canton isn't ideal but it gets me enough charge to make the drive from CR to St. Louis.

Reactions: timhammond
More from Hannibal Supercharger. Someone flip the switch “on” already! Photos courtesy of a STL Tesla Enthusists Facebook group member.
1FB893D9-EE5C-4710-B097-39C1AA100021.jpeg
A99A6A1B-6B15-45D2-B175-F69F53DB7FF7.jpeg

Did you drive to Hannibal, MO just to test the Supercharger?
It’s a planned trip from our home in O’Fallon, MO to the Mississippi River Headwaters in Minnesotta, then we are going to take a week to sightsee our way back home over the next week.
After seeing the charger open, we left home at 85% after the daily commute, we had planned on charging at home to get as close to 100% as we could before leaving, but figured we would stop and verify it was open after seeing a report it was the previous day.
Looks like it took ~75% of our battery capacity to get from our home to Iowa City, IA for the night. Making the run to Brainerd, MN today.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jvonbokel