Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hanover, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the new Hanover Crossing mall at 1775 Washington St. A permit was filed today for a new 1600A 480V service for 12 future electric vehicle charging stations.

While I don't have absolute confirmation on Tesla's involvement, I have a sneaky suspicion that they are involved with the project (and I kind of wanted to beat @Tdreamer to posting this thread).

Work starts tomorrow, apparently

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the new Hanover Crossing mall at 1775 Washington St. A permit was filed today for a new 1600A 480V service for 12 future electric vehicle charging stations.

While I don't have absolute confirmation on Tesla's involvement, I have a sneaky suspicion that they are involved with the project (and I kind of wanted to beat @Tdreamer to posting this thread).

Work starts tomorrow, apparently

I go away on a road trip and someone takes my job. 🤷‍♂️

I was monitoring that location for a permit for some time and luck has it that it was pulled while I was away. Thanks for finding it!

And yes, I can confirm this is Tesla based in the coming soon pin and the fact that the person that pulled the permit works with our favorite New England Tesla supercharger contractor.

One of the crews has just started Tyngsborough MA

Reactions: mociaf9 and kayak1
To make up for leaving down and missing out on posting this permit…

I give you Hanover, MA - construction underway!

Located behind the Marketbasket.
@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

AB0FD153-22F7-4208-AFF7-02E7889012A6.jpeg
152A459E-256C-4AC3-B2D4-3A56B5EAC0E3.jpeg
D69A1E0C-53F0-4309-BE7C-C5EC22F81311.jpeg

Hanover is open - but at some point it will be shutdown for parking lot repaving as part of the overall redevelopment of the property. Probably sometime over the summer.

Look at the in-car navigation for guidance as to if it is open or not. It will be marked as temporarily closed if Tesla is notified by the property developer that paving work is closing the site. (Concord NH was marked as closed for at least a day while the lot was repaved a week or two ago).

Reactions: kayak1
FYI the Hanover site was partially or completely down on and off all day today, 11/8/2023 (image from 1:30pm today). As of this post at 7:30pm, the site is showing fully online again. Some or perhaps all of the work being done today was to install MagicDock at this site. Word is 4 posts were or are possibly still being converted to MagicDock (and that this may be a possible standard for larger 12+ stall sites that get MD).

I was monitoring this site status throughout the day. Interestingly enough, throughout the day the 12 stall supercharger sites Franklin, Sturbridge, Palmer and Chicopee, and later in the day the 8 stall supercharger site in Great Barrington also showed as partially or completely closed for significant periods of time. It wouldn't surprise me if each of those sites were being prepared for or possibly even upgraded with MagicDock today as well.

IMG_3284.jpeg