Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hardeeville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s great news. Not as good as building one in Charleston (for me anyway), but Savannah is an hour closer than Charlotte!

Agree! We need the stupid law in SC changed so that Tesla can put a service center here.

From a Super Charger perspective, we just need some all along I26. That whole corridor is completely empty as you have to go to connecting roads (95, 77, 385) to get to one. Major issue if you're planning to drive straight up 26 from Charleston.

Reactions: PStewart
Agree! We need the stupid law in SC changed so that Tesla can put a service center here.

From a Super Charger perspective, we just need some all along I26. That whole corridor is completely empty as you have to go to connecting roads (95, 77, 385) to get to one. Major issue if you're planning to drive straight up 26 from Charleston.

Absolutely. Write your state house rep and state Senator. Ask for a meeting if they’ll grant one. I haven’t been able to find publicly available data on number of Teslas registered in South Carolina but based on what I could find I estimate over a thousand and growing rapidly now. We are one of only a handful of states keeping Tesla out, even Michigan (home to the Big 3) has made a deal with Tesla now. This is just plain silly.

Re I-26 there’s a rumor about a SC going in at Columbiana Mall near Irmo which would be awesome, but I have been unable to find any evidence or otherwise substantiate the rumor.

And now if we could only get a service center near Savannah...

Well, you're in luck. Tesla is opening both a store and service center in Savannah in August. In fact, a technician has already moved to the area and is servicing cars ranger style when possible.

SGFC, when you have a few minutes, could you start a new thread about that? Having a separate thread titled "Savannah sales / service center" will get a lot more attention here than updates in various supercharger threads. I guess a good time to post it would be when you know the location.

Reactions: nogajim
Absolutely. Write your state house rep and state Senator. Ask for a meeting if they’ll grant one. I haven’t been able to find publicly available data on number of Teslas registered in South Carolina but based on what I could find I estimate over a thousand and growing rapidly now. We are one of only a handful of states keeping Tesla out, even Michigan (home to the Big 3) has made a deal with Tesla now. This is just plain silly.

I suspect (hope) that once the Texas Terrafactory is official and Texas allows Tesla to sell cars in that state, that other states will take notice and realize this is a train that they should stop trying to hold back. Texas is a giant (and important) domino that may tip other states. Hopefully.

Had a chance to stop here the other day on the way to a meeting in Savannah. Only hit 95 kW but I started at 50% SOC so that was expected. Easy to find, clean restrooms and plenty of food options. Also happened to be there at the same time as “The World’s Tallest Comedian” who drives a purple Tesla and had a good talk with him. Shout out to Eric Grady on that sharp looking ride!

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Has anyone noticed that the Hardeeville, SC new v3 supercharger is slow. I stopped at it twice last week and it never charged faster that 115kw. I used the same pedestal both times. I was down to around 10% soc both times. The station was full with cars lined up to charge this Saturday with two M3 leaving and likely going to savannah.

I wish this station had been bigger but if the charging was v3 speeds maybe there would have never been a line.

I think I’ll do a deeper charger in Brunswick and push to a JAX charger next time.

Has anyone noticed that the Hardeeville, SC new v3 supercharger is slow. I stopped at it twice last week and it never charged faster that 115kw. I used the same pedestal both times. I was down to around 10% soc both times. The station was full with cars lined up to charge this Saturday with two M3 leaving and likely going to savannah.

I haven't found the Hardeeville supercharger being slow the few times I have been there.

Can someone recommend a hotel within walking distance of this Supercharger? This will be my overnight spot on my drive south. Thanks.

Go a bit further south and you can stay in downtown Savannah where a nice room is reasonably priced and you’re walking distance to many nice bars and restaurants. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last week and parked/charged overnight at the Robinson Parking Garage. Two Tesla and Two J chargers there. Free charging with paid parking, I think I paid $10 to park overnight. Maybe a 4 or 5 block walk from my hotel.

Reactions: PStewart
Go a bit further south and you can stay in downtown Savannah where a nice room is reasonably priced and you’re walking distance to many nice bars and restaurants. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last week and parked/charged overnight at the Robinson Parking Garage. Two Tesla and Two J chargers there. Free charging with paid parking, I think I paid $10 to park overnight. Maybe a 4 or 5 block walk from my hotel.
Savannah parking garages have time limits (3 hours) for use of chargers, both Tesla and J1772. My experience is that if you park late you can park overnight as long as you move by 7 am. You will get ticketed during the working hours including weekends. Holidays appear safer. The other things they ticket in public garages are parking over the space lines and parking with car front out (accept charging parking).

Savannah parking garages have time limits (3 hours) for use of chargers, both Tesla and J1772. My experience is that if you park late you can park overnight as long as you move by 7 am. You will get ticketed during the working hours including weekends. Holidays appear safer. The other things they ticket in public garages are parking over the space lines and parking with car front out (accept charging parking).

I must have gotten lucky then. I was plugged in overnight and charged to 90%, and did not move until after 8am.

I wish this station had been bigger but if the charging was v3 speeds maybe there would have never been a line.

I think I’ll do a deeper charger in Brunswick and push to a JAX charger next time.

I agree re: slow. This applies to both Brunswick and Hardeeville (and I've tracked this since both opened via multiple trips). You start off very fast but it ratchets down pretty quickly to 86kw. On our last trip up, we found Nocatee (150kW) to start slower but it stayed in the hundreds much longer and provided a much quicker charge.

FWIW: my experience with V3 (X's) have been underwhelming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wvapoker