Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coalinga, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2022, 80 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there information that the permit does encompass 80 stalls? Why, that's like.....a Tesla feedlot!

Early in the SpC era, I passed through Harris Ranch several times. My recollection is that there was a persistent feedlot odor, and, while I'm no vegetarian, I also recall no sense that the steaks they provide are grass-fed or so forth - essentially no different from any other generic beef or other agroindustrial flesh.

I've gotten picky after decades of eating almost solely wild red meat - caribou and moose; when I come south I try to find something remotely similar.
Harris Ranch owned the inn. The truck stop. And the beaf brand. The beaf brand and feed lot have been sold off but I think still keep the name and brand

Generally, the wind blows from northwest to southeast in the Valley. Since the feedlot is about four miles north of the SC, you will more than likely experience the delightful fragrance as it wafts in the afternoon zephyr.

Harris' beef operations are quite complex. He does raise pasture beef (obviously not here). I think (emphasis on think) that the feedlot finishes off some of the pasture-fed steers who come down from the mountains or along the coast/Eastern Sierra in autumn.

You do become nose blind (apologies for mixing metaphors) to this scent after a short time. Just like you begin not to hear the train whistles at 2AM when you live a quarter mile from the tracks.
It’s been about 15 years since I stayed at Harris ranch for a couple of weeks (doing computer consulting at the college), the smell was so strong that I could taste it- even in the room! Stunning gardens and a pool if memory serves.

New pics this AM

Attachments

• FDDF7667-5C40-441D-B212-7D076BD966A1.jpeg
    FDDF7667-5C40-441D-B212-7D076BD966A1.jpeg
    716.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 279C3B49-00A4-48AD-82B8-CC69F9175E82.jpeg
    279C3B49-00A4-48AD-82B8-CC69F9175E82.jpeg
    613.7 KB · Views: 135
  • EAD3510E-1273-44CF-BC24-0A04A11E2D66.jpeg
    EAD3510E-1273-44CF-BC24-0A04A11E2D66.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 147
I clearly see conduits for 2 transformers, 2 power distribution cabinets and 2x 7each V3 cabinets for a total of 56 stalls. This is basically the same as system design as Firebaugh. If they're really doing more stalls, that layout and progress is not shown in the pictures.

I clearly see conduits for 2 transformers, 2 power distribution cabinets and 2x 7each V3 cabinets for a total of 56 stalls. This is basically the same as system design as Firebaugh. If they're really doing more stalls, that layout and progress is not shown in the pictures.
you can pretty much tell by them building the third trench that it's gonna be 80 stalls

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Wow! just look at the forest that grew from a little seed that was planted back in 2010 . . .

I'd love to see pics of this during the busy season when they're all full. I just can't imagine that ever happening, but I'm sure it will.
If Firebaugh with its 56-stall assembly can be full, it is not too much of a stretch to imagine that Harris Ranch could also become saturated on certain dates and times when LA-Bay Area traffic is robust. The restaurant and deli are attractions above those at Firebaugh and Kettleman City.

I would also guess that even if the navigation system routes drivers to other locations to avoid congestion at Harris Ranch, many would overrule the suggested stops in order to take advantage of better eating options at Harris Ranch.

Guess we'll just have to stay tuned this Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year's season to see what unfolds......

14 front right, 13 front left, 12 back left, 22 middle right, 11 back right (conduit stubs). That’s 72 stalls. Plus 3 stubs in the middle. And 5 cabinets in the back which would be 19 total or 76 stalls. And what appears to be 15 pedestal bases also in the back. 15 bases plus the existing 61 pedestals is also 76 total.

Calculations.gif