Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harris Ranch, CA (18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you think they fire it up? ;)

Looks like it has indeed taken over Subway. Another yelp photo from inside:

I stopped by there over the weekend (driving my Suburban.) Definitely Harris 'Express' BBQ there now. The gals said they had been open for about three weeks. Tri-tip, brisket, etc. Yum. Only two small tables inside, so definitely oriented towards take-out.

The Roadster charger is on the back of the building. The swap station is next door, and looked pretty abandoned.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
I stopped by there over the weekend (driving my Suburban.) Definitely Harris 'Express' BBQ there now. The gals said they had been open for about three weeks. Tri-tip, brisket, etc. Yum. Only two small tables inside, so definitely oriented towards take-out.

The Roadster charger is on the back of the building. The swap station is next door, and looked pretty abandoned.

The smell from 20,000 cows pooping in this area is terrible.

Yeah I dunno how one can eat outdoors here…. 9 times out of 10 I've stopped by, it's smelled absolutely awful.

(From viewing the photos)Looks like they are adding only 5 new stalls.
Old 7A will now be paired. Two new Superchargers (in crates)=4 NEW pedestals.

Yep. Got a better photo. The are adding 5 stalls

Attachments

• IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 180
I've had two speeding tickets on the 5, both HR. Sitting in that stink bomb zone while CHP calls his friends, checks his emails and finally writes a ticket (while safely ensconced in his bioweapon defense mode helmet) was worse than the hit to my insurance.

I've had two speeding tickets on the 5, both HR. Sitting in that stink bomb zone while CHP calls his friends, checks his emails and finally writes a ticket (while safely ensconced in his bioweapon defense mode helmet) was worse than the hit to my insurance.
OK, it's off topic, but how did you get speeding tickets on the 5 in the Central Valley? I'm usually struggling to keep up. The flow of traffic is somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-85...

OK, it's off topic, but how did you get speeding tickets on the 5 in the Central Valley? I'm usually struggling to keep up. The flow of traffic is somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-85...
Well since @ecarfan has never gone off topic before ;) I'll make it quick. Yes, you are safer traveling in 80mph daytime packs thru the CV, than ever making wee morning runs hell bent to get home for the weekend.

Good to see them expanding the SC here. Despite the area reeking, it's reads as a highly used stop on TMC. I've shifted over to the coastal route post rainy season despite added drive time. We have the most beautiful state to roam, especially in a Tesla.

People have been posting about the cow smell at Harris Ranch ever since this Supercharger opened. Note that unlike fueling an ICE, you don't have to stand next to the car when its charging. And the smell doesn't seem to deter hundreds of ICE drivers a day from visiting the restaurant (which I do not patronize but is obviously very popular).

Very happy to see more Supercharger stalls coming at this location!

Regarding the aroma emanating from the feedlot three miles north of the Harris Ranch Supercharger:

I suspect that none of you were around in the '50s and early '60s in Southern California. Dairies abounded around Artesia Blvd., Norwalk Blvd. and others in that part of LA County. This was before the Santa Ana Freeway was completed, so to reach many parts of Orange County we had to drive past dairy after dairy after dairy.

Going north, there were also a lot of dairies in Newhall and around Castaic Jct. Interstate 5 was on paper. US99 and US6 could be ripe, especially in summer.

And most cars did not have air conditioning then. We just dealt with it.

• Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Regarding the aroma emanating from the feedlot three miles north of the Harris Ranch Supercharger:

I suspect that none of you were around in the '50s and early '60s in Southern California. Dairies abounded around Artesia Blvd., Norwalk Blvd. and others in that part of LA County. This was before the Santa Ana Freeway was completed, so to reach many parts of Orange County we had to drive past dairy after dairy after dairy.

Going north, there were also a lot of dairies in Newhall and around Castaic Jct. Interstate 5 was on paper. US99 and US6 could be ripe, especially in summer.

And most cars did not have air conditioning then. We just dealt with it.
Sonoma County has its fair share of dairies. When they spread the manure south of town, we are subject to "the aroma in Sonoma."

• Funny
Reactions: NikeWings
Silver Model 3 just left. I assume he'd stop at Tejon, Buttonwillow, or Bakersfield if heading south, or Gustine heading North if anyone's there. I was going to take photos but he left before I could.
See the "Model 3 RC" thread where someone posted a photo of the car you saw (I suspect) and linked to reddit where there are many more photos. Pretty interesting!

Please continue any Model 3 discussion elsewhere and not in this thread. Thanks!