Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harris Ranch, CA (18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The portable chargers look close to being too far forward for the front pull in side to reach the charge port. I'm sure they are fine - just an illusion.

They are okay. However, as can be seen, the leftmost pair take up a good chunk of the parking spot so, when pulling in on the right, the front left wheel doesn't go over the curb stop but is instead a bit to the right of it. I was within a whisker of getting curb rash all over my front left wheel from the edge of the curb stop.

Has anyone stopped by the Harris Ranch superchargers recently to see if permanent stalls were installed?

According to Tesla's "find us" page, this location now lists 10 stalls:

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 3.13.25 PM.png

I was there again and there was a sig model s charging in the temporary spot, it was there when I got there and still there when I left
I really wish they kept that single charger by the shell station, would have been perfect for cars that can only charge at 90kw, they wouldn't even have to upgrade it to 120kw.

I was there again and there was a sig model s charging in the temporary spot, it was there when I got there and still there when I left
I really wish they kept that single charger by the shell station, would have been perfect for cars that can only charge at 90kw, they wouldn't even have to upgrade it to 120kw.

Harris Ranch would benefit from a few quick service establishments. The problem now is that too many people leave their cars charging/parked while they have a long dinner at the restaurant.

Harris Ranch would benefit from a few quick service establishments. The problem now is that too many people leave their cars charging/parked while they have a long dinner at the restaurant.
That's what I thought as well, this was around 7pm.
I wonder if a couple 80amp HPWC's would prevent that.

A 2 hour charge might provide around 110-120 miles, depending on how much charge the car had upon arrival that might be enough to reach Tejon Ranch. I for one would definitely use that while eating, I wouldn't feel as rushed- I likes to take my time eating!
As for Tejon, that place needs at least additional 12 bays.

edit: upon further thought, I have a spare HPWC, I might contact the Harris Ranch INN and see if they want it free of charge as long as they promise to dedicate a spot for it and enforce any ICE'ing issues.

I discussed my need for the Dublin SC with the staff there since I often run low getting up to Berkeley from Harris Ranch. They told me that within a year, there will be 2 SCs on the 5 north of Harris Ranch to fill in the gap. Not sure if this is the best place to post this so if someone wants to place it better, go for it.

I discussed my need for the Dublin SC with the staff there since I often run low getting up to Berkeley from Harris Ranch. They told me that within a year, there will be 2 SCs on the 5 north of Harris Ranch to fill in the gap. Not sure if this is the best place to post this so if someone wants to place it better, go for it.

Northern California supercharger location speculation would probably fit better.

Am here on a Sunday morning at 9am and there are no other Teslas to be found. Didn't even see one on I-5 S! II guess everyone is still sleeping. The stench is nasty as usual, but the 4 tenporaries look like they are in good shape.

I seem to be capped at 90kW on the permanents with no one else here. I hope this spot gets upgraded to 120kW one day.

See you at Tejon in 1.5 hours. :)

Harris ranch are all 120 kW capable.
... Got exactly 90kW...
90 kW sounds like a version "A" battery, but your posted VIN number is 70XXX.

May I suggest, that IMHO, there could be a lowering to a 90kW cap that may be required to help power the portables?

At Harris Ranch, the food is so great that I usually charge longer than necessary, and I do have a 90 kW version "A" battery!

90 kW sounds like a version "A" battery, but your posted VIN number is 70XXX.

May I suggest, that IMHO, there could be a lowering to a 90kW cap that may be required to help power the portables?

At Harris Ranch, the food is so great that I usually charge longer than necessary, and I do have a 90 kW version "A" battery!

Well I may agree with you on your theories of capping, but I actually find the food at Harris Ranch not very good at all. :( I do have a 120kW capable battery because I've seen it go up to 120kW at other SCs. In fact, I just looked over my logs and I had 368V/317A on 3/11/2015 for 116kW at Harris Ranch before! Weird ... I'll check this again at a different stall (non-temp charger) on the way back tomorrow.

- K

Well I may agree with you on your theories of capping, but I actually find the food at Harris Ranch not very good at all. :( I do have a 120kW capable battery because I've seen it go up to 120kW at other SCs. In fact, I just looked over my logs and I had 368V/317A on 3/11/2015 for 116kW at Harris Ranch before! Weird ... I'll check this again at a different stall (non-temp charger) on the way back tomorrow.

- K

At least 1 of the Harris Ranch temporary SuperCharger stalls can do 120kW as well (from personal experience a couple weeks ago).

Yup, I'm here right now and the temporaries can definitely do 120kW. Not sure why I was capped at 90kW on the permanents on Sunday with no other Teslas at the SC. Maybe today's a good day for charging ... there isn't even the regular cow stench. :)

- K
I've been there quite a few times and only got the stench once!
I was happy about it mostly because we were driving in a group, 1 tesla and 1 ice! and the ICE people were already complaining about having to stop to charge, did not want them to have anymore reasons to complain!

Although I did not hear any complaints when we stopped at the redondo SC which has the cleanest restroom I've ever used (public restroom) and the wifi!