Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harris Ranch, CA (18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well you still can't go from SF to So Cal down 101 without running out of juice. There are SuperChargers in Gilroy--great!--but SuperChargers are desparately needed down the coast on 101--like in San Luis Obispo! Right, Lloyd?
I was talking about the i5, no longer waiting in line = easier
but I do agree that superchargers on the 101 would make things even more convenient

I will be at the Harris Ranch SC this Friday and Sunday. Anyone know of any alternate locations nearby with 14-50 outlets available? I'm concerned about a long line this Sunday afternoon and will only need to add about 50 miles to make it home so a 50amp outlet would be better than a 2 hr wait for the SC.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you still can't go from SF to So Cal down 101 without running out of juice. There are SuperChargers in Gilroy--great!--but SuperChargers are desparately needed down the coast on 101--like in San Luis Obispo! Right, Lloyd?

Yep, I helped the guys here when they were searching for a site. I was trying to keep them in walking distance to the downtown area, but not sure if I was successful. I made introductions to several great locations, but none close to DT were free. Tesla is looking for locations where they do not have to pay for the land.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I helped the guys here when they were searching for a site. I was trying to keep them in walking distance to the downtown area, but not sure if I was successful. I made introductions to several great locations, but none close to DT were free. Tesla is looking for locations where they do not have to pay for the land.

I don't think they really want downtown locations anyway. The want something with enough amenities where people can amuse themselves for 40 minutes, but not someplace where people will be hanging out otherwise. Freeway rest stops really are perfect.

Stopped at Harris Ranch for a charge and was thrilled to report that the new superchargers are installed and ready to go. That's the good news. The bad news is PG&E will not do the connection for at least two weeks. I was told that PG&E has known about this for months. If anyone has grease at that utility, use it to get this great addition operational.
Found this post on another thread.

While I was present when PG&E turned on the power that feeds the six new Superchargers, I cannot be 100% sure that the site owner has turned on the power to the chargers themselves. Paint on the pavement is still needed, as is landscaping. But the signs were installed yesterday April 7 after the power was turned on.

130407.006harris.jpg

In other supercharger locations (Gilroy, Tejon Ranch, for example) they built a wall to hide the supercharger boxes. This looks to be in the right location for that, though the other ones are simple block walls. Perhaps Harris Ranch insisted on a wall with a particular look to it.

I don't think that's for solar. I bet they will put roof tiles on top to match the look of the main restaurant building.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think that is sloped toward the north, which would be exactly opposite of what it needs to be for solar.