Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, OR (LIVE May 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK,,,I live in Eugene, about 22 miles south of this I-5 exit. Eugene has a Supercharger just off I-5 in Springfield...A Supercharger that close to an existing one? seems redundant, but hey...
The Springfield supercharger is the older slower, shared stall, V2 variety supercharger that has become quite crowded in the last couple years. I view this one as added capacity, not redundant.

The Springfield supercharger is the older slower, shared stall, V2 variety supercharger that has become quite crowded in the last couple years. I view this one as added capacity, not redundant.
The Springfield supercharger is a few minutes off I-5 in a hotel park lot with speed bumps, Harrisburg a few seconds away from I-5 with V3. I know which one I’m going to want to use, especially northbound from CA to home. With a deep charge in Myrtle Creek last week I was able to skip Springfield last week. Harrisburg will allow for shorter charges which will save time.

The Springfield supercharger is a few minutes off I-5 in a hotel park lot with speed bumps, Harrisburg a few seconds away from I-5 with V3. I know which one I’m going to want to use, especially northbound from CA to home. With a deep charge in Myrtle Creek last week I was able to skip Springfield last week. Harrisburg will allow for shorter charges which will save time.
It's a first world problem for sure, but after years of using Springfield and Grants Pass, I'm ready to personally retire those locations forever. Not super impressed with the amenities at Myrtle Creek, but still better than the other two. Hoping the Sutherlin one goes in near the Starbucks.

Did not realize Harrisburg, OR extended that far out from the actual town! it's about 2-3 miles to town center...but I'll take this Supercharger any way i can. Close to (like 50 feet off I-5!) an interstate exit. I don't think there's much around that one except a wine tasting room...

I say, the PNW has been getting a LOT of Supercharger goodies. Must be all the loud people "suggesting" things, ha.

Go Tesla!

Reactions: pilotSteve
Should start seeing some action.
1650166444981.png

Time for an update. I stopped at this site today & noticed this:
6AA4AA55-1404-4D8F-9DFE-0D11488642E3.jpeg

The freeway is in the background of the photo. I spoke with a few employees & was told they expect the supercharger to be available next week. The electric lines were bored under the road & site pavement. The wine tasting room is open as is the food truck. The food truck serves quality burgers, sandwiches & wraps. They don’t have coffee. Here’s a copy of their menu:
E488E139-EDF4-4F3B-9C85-721C93E571EE.jpeg

Note the hours. They are primarily there to showcase the wines but have been surprised how popular the food has been. They had a lot of questions about Teslas & charging.

Time for an update. I stopped at this site today & noticed this:
View attachment 801056
The freeway is in the background of the photo. I spoke with a few employees & was told they expect the supercharger to be available next week. The electric lines were bored under the road & site pavement. The wine tasting room is open as is the food truck. The food truck serves quality burgers, sandwiches & wraps. They don’t have coffee. Here’s a copy of their menu:
View attachment 801073
Note the hours. They are primarily there to showcase the wines but have been surprised how popular the food has been. They had a lot of questions about Teslas & charging.
Prefab install! Cool stuff

love it! i still say Tesla is making a mistake by not having pull-thru stalls. or at least half and half. i realize that makes for more work and ground breaking and whatnot. i'll predict now that pull thru charging stalls WILL be important someday. very soon.
Yeah. We're contemplating trading in our 3 for a Y so we can haul a small camping trailer. With most stalls being back-in, you have to unhitch and park the trailer before you charge. First-world problem, I know, but still...

Reactions: bruce4000
According to their website hours are:
Monday - Friday: 11am-7pm
Saturday: 11am-9pm
Sunday: 11am-5pm

And for now it appears they are the only business in the area. So unless they have a porta pottie on site (my wife refuses to use them and I don’t blame her) plan on using a rest area for a bathroom break before charging here if you’ll be arriving off hours. That’s what we will have to do when heading to Cali from Olympia since we normally hit Springfield around 8:00 AM. And as a result, we might also end up taking our own coffee and donuts for breakfast, or hold off and hit the Myrtle Creek McDonald’s instead until Sutherlin gets built and hope they’ve got a decent selection of fast food at least.

Heading north on our way home shouldn’t be a problem though and based on Google reviews people generally really like their food.

Here’s a link to their menu for those who prefer to use bookmarks like me - Food Truck in Harrisburg, Oregon | Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner

Reactions: bruce4000

And for now it appears they are the only business in the area. So unless they have a porta pottie on site (my wife refuses to use them and I don’t blame her) plan on using a rest area for a bathroom break before charging here if you’ll be arriving off hours. That’s what we will have to do when heading to Cali from Olympia since we normally hit Springfield around 8:00 AM. And as a result, we might also end up taking our own coffee and donuts for breakfast, or hold off and hit the Myrtle Creek McDonald’s instead until Sutherlin gets built and hope they’ve got a decent selection of fast food at least.

Heading north on our way home shouldn’t be a problem though and based on Google reviews people generally really like their food.

Here’s a link to their menu for those who prefer to use bookmarks like me - Food Truck in Harrisburg, Oregon | Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner
Always good to know where the rest areas are! I had to travel to and from southern AZ several times during the height of the pandemic, when the restaurant and fast food restrooms were often closed or risks unknown. I keep the list of I-5 and I-10 rest areas I compiled and continue to update it to reflect renovation closures whenever I pass through. Happy to share.

Always good to know where the rest areas are! I had to travel to and from southern AZ several times during the height of the pandemic, when the restaurant and fast food restrooms were often closed or risks unknown. I keep the list of I-5 and I-10 rest areas I compiled and continue to update it to reflect renovation closures whenever I pass through. Happy to share.
You can also just say "Navigate to rest area" and the Nav will show all the nearby rest areas. Just be sure to zoom in and be sure they are on the right side of your path of travel because occasionally there is one on the other side of the freeway with no easy way to get to it.

The site is a former gas station that has been converted into a wine tasting room. I assume that there is a restroom although I didn’t ask. If there is I’m willing to bet they lose patience quickly & close it to all but paying customers. There is a state operated rest area about three miles south from the supercharger. It’s the next exit south, the Oak Grove Rest Area at milepost 206.

Reactions: otter and bruce4000