Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, OR (LIVE May 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am always glad when a Supercharger is added to the mix. I do wonder, do folks exit I-5 to use the Harrisburg charger..rather than use Springfield? How many people take HY 99? Seems out of the way, but ok, another place to charge.

I am always glad when a Supercharger is added to the mix. I do wonder, do folks exit I-5 to use the Harrisburg charger..rather than use Springfield? How many people take HY 99? Seems out of the way, but ok, another place to charge.
When feasible, which I expect to be most of the time, I plan to use the Harrisburg supercharger. The access from I-5 is much better than Springfield, the V3 charging is superior & there is a bathroom. Other than fast food there isn’t much calling me to use the Springfield supercharger.

When feasible, which I expect to be most of the time, I plan to use the Harrisburg supercharger. The access from I-5 is much better than Springfield, the V3 charging is superior & there is a bathroom. Other than fast food there isn’t much calling me to use the Springfield supercharger.
yeah, I was confused...thought it was IN Harrisburg..Yep, know that area well.

If it's like Cle Elum, when you touch the location on your nav and it pops up an info box that shows how many stalls and how much juice they get, there'll also be a line showing the bathroom code.

Same set up at Kettleman City fwiw. The code to enter the Tesla lounge is in the Nav.

But in case you need a reminder…

I think the location was most likely chosen to offload the Springfield supercharger which gets overloaded during peak travel times. It is fine to have nothing nearby, because it you want stores, you can charge in Salem or Springfield.

I think this location was most likely chosen to offload the Springfield supercharger which gets overloaded during peak travel times. I think it is ok to have nothing nearby, because if you want stores and restaurants, you can charge in Salem or Springfield instead.

I think this location was most likely chosen to offload the Springfield supercharger which gets overloaded during peak travel times. I think it is ok to have nothing nearby, because if you want stores and restaurants, you can charge in Salem or Springfield instead.
The times I've been to Springfield (summer weekends mostly, but usually late evening) the V2 stalls in the Holiday Inn lot were all busy, but there's another set of stalls accessible from the adjacent property to the north (Courtyard by Marriott) that were all idle but one stall. I guess Tesla drivers get directed by the Nav to the older set, and people have no clue about the others there, or can't figure out that they have to take a different entrance to that parking lot.

Now Harrisburg will be preferable to Springfield for easier off/on, V3 charging, daytime food truck and 24/7 restrooms. If they really still can't serve coffee with the breakfast items they serve, I might just buy them a Keurig machine and two boxes of K-cups, even though I'll only be there 2/3/4 times a year.

I didn’t see the code in the car but it might have been there. The food truck folks gave us the code though. By the way. The food was really good and the Marion-berry shake was great
We will likely use this site over Springfield from now on.
FWIW these were the prefab supercharger’s like the ones in Beaver UT (and other places now too ). The installation is very fast. They truck in the completed set of stalls. And literally crane them in. I’m not sure how fast this site went in,
A34630C7-10BB-4132-9D27-029184E330B6.jpeg
but Beaver was just a few days from dropping the stalls in and turning them on.

I didn’t see the code in the car but it might have been there. The food truck folks gave us the code though. By the way. The food was really good and the Marion-berry shake was great
We will likely use this site over Springfield from now on.
FWIW these were the prefab supercharger’s like the ones in Beaver UT (and other places now too ). The installation is very fast. They truck in the completed set of stalls. And literally crane them in. I’m not sure how fast this site went in, View attachment 821903but Beaver was just a few days from dropping the stalls in and turning them on.
How can you tell they are pre-fab?

If you flip through some of the earlier pictures, you can see the concrete raft that has 4 chargers and the inverter rack. That raft is then sitting in gravel. This pic shows it somewhat well: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/444f5d3f-badb-4f5a-93eb-aa9524724b7e-jpeg.804009/

As far as I know, the pre-fab chargers are also always 4 stalls with the white inverter cabinet right behind them. This install has two pre-fab units. The custom superchargers almost always keep the inverter cabinets grouped together and usually a bit farther away from the chargers.

Thanks. That looks like it really would speed up construction.
That photo is from Beaver UT expansion last year. We happened to be there charging when they brought in the load. It was cool to watch them set the charger pod Took maybe 30 min. I think they added the 24 stalls in about 3 weeks (not 100%sure of that time ) from start to activation. They actually turned on 8 of the 24 a day or two before we arrived to charge that day. and I know the other 16 were online just a few days later.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Just stopped here for the first time and the food and wine are AMAZING! This is a must stop! Skip Salem and Eugene/Springfield and stop here instead. The owner was very welcoming. Had clean restrooms, seating area, place to stretch, wine tasting from local grapes, mouthwatering grilled food and service with a smile! Perfect rest from a 600 mile road trip while charging!

7FC7AE8D-66E2-477C-B157-17209FA1D409.jpeg
263BB40C-9ADD-4C27-9600-C9CB1DC28EAB.jpeg
09F6505D-EB27-470F-8D30-F9302486C47D.jpeg