Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, OR (LIVE May 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The site is a former gas station that has been converted into a wine tasting room. I assume that there is a restroom although I didn’t ask. If there is I’m willing to bet they lose patience quickly & close it to all but paying customers. There is a state operated rest area about three miles south from the supercharger. It’s the next exit south, the Oak Grove Rest Area at milepost 206.
Pretty sure a rest room is required for them to operate. And they are providing the land for Tesla to install/operate on so that is usually part of the agreement. You allow Tesla chargers to use your restroom during business hours.

Progress continues At Harrisburg.
EDC69A18-D9C4-4D6A-B50A-5F61DB35BF5D.jpeg
C316C569-0C3D-4A81-84AB-4550FFE1C6A8.jpeg
444F5D3F-BADB-4F5A-93EB-AA9524724B7E.jpeg
Staff at the food truck told me that the supercharger should be open by Memorial Day. The fencing has been removed & it has been okayed to connect the meter. They also confirmed that the bathrooms should be available 24/7. However, they had to unlock one for me. These are 60’s era gas station bathrooms painted dark brown & are very basic. The one I was in did not have a changing table. It was illuminated by a single spiral compact fluorescent bulb. The wine tasting room is also a work in progress In what appears to have once been the service area of the gas station.
However the food is great! This time I ordered a bacon cheeseburger & it was at least a 1/3 lb. burger on a brioche bun. It was wonderful. I couldn’t eat it in one meal.
8C1D3603-2C9C-4AD1-95CD-8658BA29A89E.jpeg
DD066DF9-0E5E-4D4B-B068-35B03950B9E6.jpeg

Here's the hang-fire: waiting for the transformer from the local utility. If I understood correctly, the latest word to the business was that the utility was hoping for Memorial Day but could be delayed to mid-June.

This is a great repurposing of an old gas station. The food here is really good- a welcome upgrade from franchise fast food. The restrooms were perfectly adequate to my needs- clean and well supplied. I enjoyed the indoor-outdoor seating in the former service bays.
tempImagegSemhb.png

Here's the hang-fire: waiting for the transformer from the local utility. If I understood correctly, the latest word to the business was that the utility was hoping for Memorial Day but could be delayed to mid-June.

This is a great repurposing of an old gas station. The food here is really good- a welcome upgrade from franchise fast food. The restrooms were perfectly adequate to my needs- clean and well supplied. I enjoyed the indoor-outdoor seating in the former service bays.
View attachment 807162
Did you look in the vault? Appears to be an underground transformer, not a surface mount. I would assume the plywood laying across means the vault is empty but you never know.

Did you look in the vault? Appears to be an underground transformer, not a surface mount. I would assume the plywood laying across means the vault is empty but you never know.
I didn’t look in the vault. There is a food truck very close to the site so I was careful not to touch anything. I was more interested in the tote of plans/permits in the center of the chargers but decided that looking through it was a bad idea. It’s difficult to see but it’s in the center of this shot.
397924EE-B719-41FD-85F4-7F6896C02148.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Mea culpa. I did not lift the plywood. Not sure why, because I often do...maybe too hungry? More likely laziness prejudiced by past experience. When I first started snooping at these sites, I also wondered if the vault was meant for an underground transformer. Haven't seen one used yet. Every time I have lifted the plywood, it turns out to be covering an otherwise unprotected opening waiting for the transformer. What will be visible in the ample vault below is conduit heading off to the rest of the installation, and if the site has been fully wired, the protruding ends of the conducting cables. So far, in my experience, these have always wound up with an above-ground transformer sitting on top.

My impression is that underground transformers are seldom needed for these nonurban sites. I suspect that if it a vault was meant for an underground transformer, it would have a much larger metal access hatch....and no plywood.

I guess I am used to seeing above ground transformers just being on a pad with conduit stubs sticking out. And vaults for underground ones. Guess I havent paid close enough attention to see above ground transformers with vaults underneath for the connections. More my fault for not being observant than yours for not checking.

Friday, 5/27/22 @ about 11:00. The supercharger is now live and on the navigation screen.

I was heading to Springfield and brought up the supercharger list to see how busy it was and noticed Harrisburg which I couldn't recall seeing before. Figured I better check it out and arrived (according to the winery owner) as the first car to charge here.

Great location! Really friendly folks here who are looking forward to serving the Tesla crowd passing through.

Attachments

• PXL_20220527_181945214.jpg
    PXL_20220527_181945214.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20220527_181815223.jpg
    PXL_20220527_181815223.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20220527_181240820.jpg
    PXL_20220527_181240820.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20220527_181238149.jpg
    PXL_20220527_181238149.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20220527_183455867.jpg
    PXL_20220527_183455867.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 71
We charged in Springfield and stopped by just for a look-see around 9am and it seemed all fenced off.
Lame questions. 1. Is it only open during certain hours? 2. When I look at the Supercharger map online, it doesn't look updated. Just says Target Open Q2 2022.