Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scouting all of the SC's between my home and my parent's in the Shenandoah valley. The Harrisburg SC was busy today!

Plus I was passed by a black MS on US 15 north of the PA/MD border... Made my day!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: madodel
I drove through Harrisburg on Saturday and made a quick stop to check out the Superchargers. I have never seen a Supercharger station before and I wanted to check them out and take a fun photo before quickly moving on. Hopefully my Model 3 will plug in when it arrives, because I couldn't figure out how to hook this thing up to my Jeep truck!

I arrived around 3pm and every stall was empty. When I was leaving a beautiful 90D MX pulled in for a quick charge before heading north. I asked and he said he is not a member of TMC.
Phototastic-7_30_2016_6764e68e-c853-45e4-a3ea-c9b94e8dbc7e_zpsk3rfhv2d.jpg

Harrisburg has a problem with some chargers dropping to 60 amps after about 10 mins of charging . I reported to SuperCharger service and they were aware of the problem . They suggested 1A and 4A were most reliable.
It's intermittent and transient. It is best to monitor your car from the app if you plan to walk away and are in a hurry. I'm plugged in now to a bay I had trouble with a few days ago and having no issues.

View attachment 202638

Seeing the Harrisburg SC has "power supported by Weis" I'm wondering if there is any indication other Weis locations might also become a SC location?

I believe I saw that another grocery store is doing this as well. It makes a lot of sense for these locations.

Spending $5 to charge a car while you spend $100 on groceries seems like a fair trade...