Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how do you know thats the site?

Just heard that the lease was signed that's how I know the site. The township is pretty lax, so hopefully it goes quickly (but obviously you never know).
The site is just next to the Weis Markets (grocery) store and near Jimmy John's Subs/Starbucks. Its a pretty busy area and in the next 4-5 yrs they are expanding I83 from 2 to 4 lanes which will be helpful.

I'd rather have seen the 76/283 near perhaps: 4860 High Pointe Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17111

Or, even better for me, 76/83, or near the Carlise pike.

If anyone has anything in writing showing an address, it would be great to get a permit cone and thread!

Honestly, other than showing friends/family, living near a SC is of little consequence. Maybe if I'm at like 50 miles left and need to use my car further, but if I'm that close to home... I'd rather just go home...

It's an interesting equation. Obviously you want highway adjacent, but you need something to do while charging... I don't want to drive 1 mile off highway, plug in, and walk 9 to food. (super chargers make you fat FYI). I'd rather drive 10 miles, park, and umm... shop?

Last edited:
Drove around the shopping center today and saw no signs of activity.

Drove over the other day, nothing going on. The proposed site is in Susquehanna Township. But there is nothing on the agenda for their planning commission at their upcoming meeting. Not sure if this would need township approval but assume it would. I will talk to my friend who sits on that board and find out.

Hmm, I was just eyeing a map of Susquehanna Township and if I were a betting man I'd say the Shoppes at Susquehanna Mall might be a viable spot. It's near an exit off of 83. And the retail stores are more.... Tesla-esque Macaroni Grill, Starbucks, Banana Republic. There's also a Cracker Barrel right next store that would make a lot of sense as well.

Time will tell.

So if anyone has time on their hands or computer searching capability (not me), this may be the reason we haven't found the permit for this SC. Up thread the location appears to be in unincorporated Dauphin County. Here are their meeting listings:
http://www.dauphincounty.org/government/About-the-County/Meetings/Pages/2016-Meetings.aspx

Unfortunately in Dauphin County, PA each municipality controls zoning, building permits and land development planning. if the SC is to be in Susquehanna Township then the approval would go there. Not sure if it has to go to the county planning commission. Our office is two blocks from the township building. Have not heard of any permits being pulled. Next time I am there I will check.

Unfortunately in Dauphin County, PA each municipality controls zoning, building permits and land development planning. if the SC is to be in Susquehanna Township then the approval would go there. Not sure if it has to go to the county planning commission. Our office is two blocks from the township building. Have not heard of any permits being pulled. Next time I am there I will check.

Correct. Susquehanna Twp hasn't had the SC on their agenda yet but I know that the lease has been signed.

I was by the proposed site on Friday. I doubt this is the construction for the supercharger, but one can hope.
image 14.jpg
Does anyone know what they are building in this space? It is basically in the middle of the shopping center.

Do you have any direct evidence of this?

Yeah:

Planning Commission February 22nd Meeting Agenda | Susquehanna Twp.

- - - Updated - - -

I was by the proposed site on Friday. I doubt this is the construction for the supercharger, but one can hope. View attachment 113924 Does anyone know what they are building in this space? It is basically in the middle of the shopping center.

Can't tell from the picture, but there is a Moe's (or something like it) going in the middle of the parking lot. I assume that's what your picture is of.