Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to stop in last night around 11:30 pm, but the chargers were blocked off by two police cars and an ambulance. Went up to the Sheetz that overlooks the Supercharger lot and didn't see any Teslas at the chargers. I couldn't tell what was going on, but I hope everyone was OK.

Did you ask any of the police officers? They'll generally tell you a reasonable amount of information as long as the scene is secure and they feel safe. Would be interesting to know what happened. Glad no Teslas appear to be involved-- but if someone was screwing with the chargers I'm completely unsympathetic.

I didn't stop to ask. The cars were blocking the entrance and the police were all around the ambulance, so I just turned around and went up to the Sheetz. It didn't look like a good time for questions. Plus, I still had to work out how to get home. I guess we'll just wait for someone to stop by to report if the site is up and if there is any visible damage to anything.

My first thought, given the hour, was that someone got mugged, but I only saw one car, not a tesla, there. Maybe someone was stealing copper, or maybe it as completely unrelated to the chargers.

I have a feeling the ambulance needed some power, and the cops were fascinated and stopped by to see things in action.

In all seriousness, I hope no one was hurt or tried anything malicious. If they did, I have a feeling they won't try it again.

Works for me. :) 2nd person to plug in! Cords are defenitly new. Little stiff.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 84
Well, since this area is famous for its *cough* *cough* low crime rate, I'm guessing someone tried to steal power...

This area is the "progress neighborhood" it is in the top ten safest in Harrisburg area based on neighborhoods scout website. The area is fine .. Need to stop bashing it. Glad to have a charger here. Have traveled up and down the eastern states and read reviews of chargers before we went. Thought about skipping some because of e reviews. In one case Memphis we would have missed one of our nicest stops.

This area is the "progress neighborhood" it is in the top ten safest in Harrisburg area based on neighborhoods scout website. The area is fine .. Need to stop bashing it. Glad to have a charger here. Have traveled up and down the eastern states and read reviews of chargers before we went. Thought about skipping some because of e reviews. In one case Memphis we would have missed one of our nicest stops.

Feel free to visit all you want :) it was just a joke...

13-year-old charged after Chuck E. Cheese's bomb threat
Do you know these theft suspects from Chuck E. Cheese's?
Union Deposit, PA Crime Rates & Statistics

Last edited:
I think you should simply have tried to speak to the cops. A wait for Supercharging could still be quicker than an emergency L2. I'm sure they weren't just blocking the Supercharger for fun.
If they'd been hanging near their cars I probably would have. They looked busy and probably wouldn't have appreciated the interruption. I had several Chademo options down 83, including a reliable one at exit 20 in Maryland. By the time I got there, I knew I could make it home by driving a bit slower and I wanted to get to sleep.

In any case, it sounds like it was a non-event. People are reporting the charger is intact and there haven't been any reports of anything serious happening to anyone. I'll be back to the area on Friday for another quick round trip and this charger will be a big help. The two Sheetz chargers in the area have been hit and miss, so a real Supercharger is awesome.