Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hartford, CT - Leibert Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change. Rest stop is a ghost town again. No workers there even in the middle of a weekday. This site is going for the record for longest construction time I think!
F4DA6740-D7CE-43C3-B4E8-CD7373E14F3E.jpeg
836A83EC-2EF4-42DC-937C-70A915D54472.jpeg
9C0E21D3-0356-48D5-957A-86E3644237C3.jpeg

Maybe sooner than that. Those stalls are numbered...and the fact that you're getting the charge cable to work also indicates that they're ready to go. I've seen them work completely before in the state that they are in right now. So seems like Tesla just needs to "flip the switch" and you should be good to go... Unless..<sigh> they found some issue, which is why they turned them off.

I’m thinking this site is actually now completed, but Tesla doesn’t have permission to activate it due to whatever is holding up occupancy at the service plaza. The place is dark and unlit at night (no lights present or at least not turned on) nears the superchargers. I suspect when they get permission to light them up it’s a remote flip from Fremont.

Also worth noting - those stalls were not numbered Saturday morning at 2am when I swung through. And that fence is new since the post earlier this week. So Tesla probably was there over the weekend or Monday morning

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I chatted with the GM of Pride gas stations and he told me that the city of Hartford and the Hartford Mayors office has been delaying things and putting up a lot of red tape. if it wasn't for these issues the service center would of been done years ago. Pride is ready to hire workers and open the site. I reached out to Mayors office but have yet to hear back. Its been in construction since 2016.

I chatted with the GM of Pride gas stations and he told me that the city of Hartford and the Hartford Mayors office has been delaying things and putting up a lot of red tape. if it wasn't for these issues the service center would of been done years ago. Pride is ready to hire workers and open the site. I reached out to Mayors office but have yet to hear back. Its been in construction since 2016.
And with that we are at 365 days of construction, this being the longest in the US and North America currently underway. WOOT WOOT!
8CD9B207-4EB8-455B-8179-3BB10DAFBAAE.jpeg

Why would anyone in Hartford be delaying the opening of a Supercharging and hydrogen fill station when it is so conveniently located across the highway from Harte Nissan, Harte INFINITI, Hartford Toyota Superstore, Liberty Honda, New County Mercedes-Benz and New County BMW. And why can we not by a Tesla in Connecticut. And are these two thing related.

Why would anyone in Hartford be delaying the opening of a Supercharging and hydrogen fill station when it is so conveniently located across the highway from Harte Nissan, Harte INFINITI, Hartford Toyota Superstore, Liberty Honda, New County Mercedes-Benz and New County BMW. And why can we not by a Tesla in Connecticut. And are these two thing related.

Pretty sure your questions are answered by the guilty parties in the middle of your post...

But how will the Toyota show room Mirai's get charged without a completed hydrogen station?